Jun 16, 2011, 2:00 AM EST
(Check out an in-depth recap of the Boston Bruins’ 4-0 win against the Vancouver Canucks in Game 7 here. You can read about Tim Thomas‘ Conn Smythe Trophy victory, Mark Recchi‘s retirement announcement and the Bruins’ celebration of the Cup win in the corresponding posts.)
Believe it or not, the Canucks actually brought a reasonable effort to the table in tonight’s defeat. They fired 37 shots at Thomas and created a nice amount of scoring chances.
Unfortunately for Vancouver fans (who haven’t exactly taken the loss very well, sadly), the Bruins’ stars came through while theirs couldn’t get it done. Over time, people will probably forget the near-scores by the Canucks and focus on the brilliant run by Thomas and a fantastic game by Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron.
Check out NBC’s Star Cam footage from Game 7.
Enjoy some of the best work from the goalies in this Net Cam montage.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)