Jun 16, 2011, 2:00 AM EST
(Check out an in-depth recap of the Boston Bruins’ 4-0 win against the Vancouver Canucks in Game 7 here. You can read about Tim Thomas‘ Conn Smythe Trophy victory, Mark Recchi‘s retirement announcement and the Bruins’ celebration of the Cup win in the corresponding posts.)
Believe it or not, the Canucks actually brought a reasonable effort to the table in tonight’s defeat. They fired 37 shots at Thomas and created a nice amount of scoring chances.
Unfortunately for Vancouver fans (who haven’t exactly taken the loss very well, sadly), the Bruins’ stars came through while theirs couldn’t get it done. Over time, people will probably forget the near-scores by the Canucks and focus on the brilliant run by Thomas and a fantastic game by Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron.
Check out NBC’s Star Cam footage from Game 7.
Enjoy some of the best work from the goalies in this Net Cam montage.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 19
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)