Jun 16, 2011, 2:00 AM EDT
(Check out an in-depth recap of the Boston Bruins’ 4-0 win against the Vancouver Canucks in Game 7 here. You can read about Tim Thomas‘ Conn Smythe Trophy victory, Mark Recchi‘s retirement announcement and the Bruins’ celebration of the Cup win in the corresponding posts.)
Believe it or not, the Canucks actually brought a reasonable effort to the table in tonight’s defeat. They fired 37 shots at Thomas and created a nice amount of scoring chances.
Unfortunately for Vancouver fans (who haven’t exactly taken the loss very well, sadly), the Bruins’ stars came through while theirs couldn’t get it done. Over time, people will probably forget the near-scores by the Canucks and focus on the brilliant run by Thomas and a fantastic game by Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron.
Check out NBC’s Star Cam footage from Game 7.
Enjoy some of the best work from the goalies in this Net Cam montage.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36