Jun 16, 2011, 1:09 AM EST
The Boston Bruins made up for 39 years of up and down times all in one night thanks to a 4-0 win over Vancouver in Game 7 to win the Stanley Cup. With Tim Thomas leading the way winning the Conn Smythe Trophy and getting huge performances out of Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand in Game 7, it made it that much easier for captain Zdeno Chara to take the Stanley Cup from commissioner Gary Bettman.
With the euphoria running wild on the ice and through the streets of Boston as well, it’s a championship that Bruins fans will relish for a long time coming. Fortunately for us, we’ve got lots of video to share with you starting with the team breaking out on the ice and tossing off the equipment to celebrate.
Then it was time for Zdeno Chara to be presented the Stanley Cup and then hand it off to his teammates including 43 year-old Mark Recchi who announced his retirement immediately after the game.
Boston goalie Tim Thomas is presented with the Conn Smythe Trophy and then spoke with Pierre McGuire after the game to get his thoughts on his greatest achievement yet.
Bruins forward Mark Recchi speaks with Pierre McGuire on the ice after the game. Recchi announced his retirement on the ice after winning his third Stanley Cup.
Patrice Bergeron helped lead the way with two goals tonight and was a top player through the playoffs. He spoke after the game as well.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)