Jun 16, 2011, 1:09 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins made up for 39 years of up and down times all in one night thanks to a 4-0 win over Vancouver in Game 7 to win the Stanley Cup. With Tim Thomas leading the way winning the Conn Smythe Trophy and getting huge performances out of Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand in Game 7, it made it that much easier for captain Zdeno Chara to take the Stanley Cup from commissioner Gary Bettman.
With the euphoria running wild on the ice and through the streets of Boston as well, it’s a championship that Bruins fans will relish for a long time coming. Fortunately for us, we’ve got lots of video to share with you starting with the team breaking out on the ice and tossing off the equipment to celebrate.
Then it was time for Zdeno Chara to be presented the Stanley Cup and then hand it off to his teammates including 43 year-old Mark Recchi who announced his retirement immediately after the game.
Boston goalie Tim Thomas is presented with the Conn Smythe Trophy and then spoke with Pierre McGuire after the game to get his thoughts on his greatest achievement yet.
Bruins forward Mark Recchi speaks with Pierre McGuire on the ice after the game. Recchi announced his retirement on the ice after winning his third Stanley Cup.
Patrice Bergeron helped lead the way with two goals tonight and was a top player through the playoffs. He spoke after the game as well.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL