Jun 16, 2011, 1:09 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins made up for 39 years of up and down times all in one night thanks to a 4-0 win over Vancouver in Game 7 to win the Stanley Cup. With Tim Thomas leading the way winning the Conn Smythe Trophy and getting huge performances out of Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand in Game 7, it made it that much easier for captain Zdeno Chara to take the Stanley Cup from commissioner Gary Bettman.
With the euphoria running wild on the ice and through the streets of Boston as well, it’s a championship that Bruins fans will relish for a long time coming. Fortunately for us, we’ve got lots of video to share with you starting with the team breaking out on the ice and tossing off the equipment to celebrate.
Then it was time for Zdeno Chara to be presented the Stanley Cup and then hand it off to his teammates including 43 year-old Mark Recchi who announced his retirement immediately after the game.
Boston goalie Tim Thomas is presented with the Conn Smythe Trophy and then spoke with Pierre McGuire after the game to get his thoughts on his greatest achievement yet.
Bruins forward Mark Recchi speaks with Pierre McGuire on the ice after the game. Recchi announced his retirement on the ice after winning his third Stanley Cup.
Patrice Bergeron helped lead the way with two goals tonight and was a top player through the playoffs. He spoke after the game as well.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 19
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 8
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)