Jun 16, 2011, 1:09 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins made up for 39 years of up and down times all in one night thanks to a 4-0 win over Vancouver in Game 7 to win the Stanley Cup. With Tim Thomas leading the way winning the Conn Smythe Trophy and getting huge performances out of Patrice Bergeron and Brad Marchand in Game 7, it made it that much easier for captain Zdeno Chara to take the Stanley Cup from commissioner Gary Bettman.
With the euphoria running wild on the ice and through the streets of Boston as well, it’s a championship that Bruins fans will relish for a long time coming. Fortunately for us, we’ve got lots of video to share with you starting with the team breaking out on the ice and tossing off the equipment to celebrate.
Then it was time for Zdeno Chara to be presented the Stanley Cup and then hand it off to his teammates including 43 year-old Mark Recchi who announced his retirement immediately after the game.
Boston goalie Tim Thomas is presented with the Conn Smythe Trophy and then spoke with Pierre McGuire after the game to get his thoughts on his greatest achievement yet.
Bruins forward Mark Recchi speaks with Pierre McGuire on the ice after the game. Recchi announced his retirement on the ice after winning his third Stanley Cup.
Patrice Bergeron helped lead the way with two goals tonight and was a top player through the playoffs. He spoke after the game as well.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)