Jun 13, 2011, 2:11 PM EDT
While the Stanley Cup will enter the building (but might not be raised) in Boston’s TD Banknorth Garden tonight, other teams wonder how far they are from being so close next year. The latest duo of small-time moves probably won’t make or break these teams’ chances, but every little step can count if they’re made in the right direction.
- The St. Louis Blues re-signed forward Chris Porter to a one-year, two-way contract extension today. Jeremy Rutherford reports that the deal will be worth $600K at the NHL level and $105K when/if Porter spends time at the AHL level with the Peoria Rivermen.
Porter played 45 games at the NHL level during the 2010-11 season, amassing three goals and four assists for seven points with an average of 10:23 minutes of ice time per game.
- The Phoenix Coyotes added Jim Playfair to their coaching staff as an associate coach.
Playfair spent 11 seasons with the Calgary Flames organization, including one as the team’s head coach in 2006-07. Of course, it’s almost impossible to discuss Playfair without going back to his profound moment of rage at the AHL level last season. While it’s most likely that the Coyotes added him simply for his extensive experience, one must wonder if they want to counter the relatively even keeled nature of Dave Tippett with a coach who can clearly fly off the handle when provoked.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 4
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)