Jun 13, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
On the upside for the Vancouver Canucks they played a great second period and carried the play through most of the 20 minutes of play. On the downside they’re still down 4-0 to Boston.
Tim Thomas held strong stopping 11 shots in the second bringing his two period total to 22 as he looks strong in holding down Vancouver. Thomas would be aiming for his second shutout of the finals in the third period and his fourth of the playoffs and a likely win or lose destiny with the Conn Smythe Trophy.
The news from that period that may stand out most for Vancouver comes from the injured Mason Raymond. NBC’s Darren Pang reported that Raymond was taken to Mass General Hospital to be checked out for the injury he suffered early in the first period thanks to an odd collision with Johnny Boychuk. We’ll keep you posted on his condition as news becomes available.
Vancouver’s Cory Schneider played a strong second period stopping all eight shots he saw bringing his total to 18 saves on 19 shots in the game. The Canucks need to find something to build momentum and get their heads right before likely heading home for a Game 7 on Wednesday.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62