Jun 13, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
On the upside for the Vancouver Canucks they played a great second period and carried the play through most of the 20 minutes of play. On the downside they’re still down 4-0 to Boston.
Tim Thomas held strong stopping 11 shots in the second bringing his two period total to 22 as he looks strong in holding down Vancouver. Thomas would be aiming for his second shutout of the finals in the third period and his fourth of the playoffs and a likely win or lose destiny with the Conn Smythe Trophy.
The news from that period that may stand out most for Vancouver comes from the injured Mason Raymond. NBC’s Darren Pang reported that Raymond was taken to Mass General Hospital to be checked out for the injury he suffered early in the first period thanks to an odd collision with Johnny Boychuk. We’ll keep you posted on his condition as news becomes available.
Vancouver’s Cory Schneider played a strong second period stopping all eight shots he saw bringing his total to 18 saves on 19 shots in the game. The Canucks need to find something to build momentum and get their heads right before likely heading home for a Game 7 on Wednesday.
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 4
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 1
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 30
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 76
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 8
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Video: Vlasic’s controversial delay of game penalty 22
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness