Jun 13, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
On the upside for the Vancouver Canucks they played a great second period and carried the play through most of the 20 minutes of play. On the downside they’re still down 4-0 to Boston.
Tim Thomas held strong stopping 11 shots in the second bringing his two period total to 22 as he looks strong in holding down Vancouver. Thomas would be aiming for his second shutout of the finals in the third period and his fourth of the playoffs and a likely win or lose destiny with the Conn Smythe Trophy.
The news from that period that may stand out most for Vancouver comes from the injured Mason Raymond. NBC’s Darren Pang reported that Raymond was taken to Mass General Hospital to be checked out for the injury he suffered early in the first period thanks to an odd collision with Johnny Boychuk. We’ll keep you posted on his condition as news becomes available.
Vancouver’s Cory Schneider played a strong second period stopping all eight shots he saw bringing his total to 18 saves on 19 shots in the game. The Canucks need to find something to build momentum and get their heads right before likely heading home for a Game 7 on Wednesday.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)