Jun 13, 2011, 10:07 PM EST
On the upside for the Vancouver Canucks they played a great second period and carried the play through most of the 20 minutes of play. On the downside they’re still down 4-0 to Boston.
Tim Thomas held strong stopping 11 shots in the second bringing his two period total to 22 as he looks strong in holding down Vancouver. Thomas would be aiming for his second shutout of the finals in the third period and his fourth of the playoffs and a likely win or lose destiny with the Conn Smythe Trophy.
The news from that period that may stand out most for Vancouver comes from the injured Mason Raymond. NBC’s Darren Pang reported that Raymond was taken to Mass General Hospital to be checked out for the injury he suffered early in the first period thanks to an odd collision with Johnny Boychuk. We’ll keep you posted on his condition as news becomes available.
Vancouver’s Cory Schneider played a strong second period stopping all eight shots he saw bringing his total to 18 saves on 19 shots in the game. The Canucks need to find something to build momentum and get their heads right before likely heading home for a Game 7 on Wednesday.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)