Jun 13, 2011, 10:07 PM EDT
On the upside for the Vancouver Canucks they played a great second period and carried the play through most of the 20 minutes of play. On the downside they’re still down 4-0 to Boston.
Tim Thomas held strong stopping 11 shots in the second bringing his two period total to 22 as he looks strong in holding down Vancouver. Thomas would be aiming for his second shutout of the finals in the third period and his fourth of the playoffs and a likely win or lose destiny with the Conn Smythe Trophy.
The news from that period that may stand out most for Vancouver comes from the injured Mason Raymond. NBC’s Darren Pang reported that Raymond was taken to Mass General Hospital to be checked out for the injury he suffered early in the first period thanks to an odd collision with Johnny Boychuk. We’ll keep you posted on his condition as news becomes available.
Vancouver’s Cory Schneider played a strong second period stopping all eight shots he saw bringing his total to 18 saves on 19 shots in the game. The Canucks need to find something to build momentum and get their heads right before likely heading home for a Game 7 on Wednesday.
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 20
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)