Jun 10, 2011, 9:29 PM EDT
After all we saw earlier in this series between Alex Burrows and Milan Lucic in this series after Burrows got away with biting Patrice Bergeron and Lucic taunted Burrows with his fingers, we figured after the league decided to step up in their punishment of taunting that that would be the end of things.
Of course, that’s never how it works in the end and hostilities and acquaintances were renewed in the first period of tonight’s Game 5.
Late in the period during a neutral zone faceoff, Lucic and Burrows jockeyed for position outside of the draw spot. Burrows did his part to incite things by stepping over Lucic’s stick. Lucic then in an effort to get into the play tripped up Burrows causing Burrows to flop to the ice. Lucic was sent to the box for tripping while Burrows got two minutes for diving.
Boys will be boys… We guess.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)