Jun 10, 2011, 9:29 PM EDT
After all we saw earlier in this series between Alex Burrows and Milan Lucic in this series after Burrows got away with biting Patrice Bergeron and Lucic taunted Burrows with his fingers, we figured after the league decided to step up in their punishment of taunting that that would be the end of things.
Of course, that’s never how it works in the end and hostilities and acquaintances were renewed in the first period of tonight’s Game 5.
Late in the period during a neutral zone faceoff, Lucic and Burrows jockeyed for position outside of the draw spot. Burrows did his part to incite things by stepping over Lucic’s stick. Lucic then in an effort to get into the play tripped up Burrows causing Burrows to flop to the ice. Lucic was sent to the box for tripping while Burrows got two minutes for diving.
Boys will be boys… We guess.
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 0
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 26
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires