Jun 10, 2011, 9:29 PM EST
After all we saw earlier in this series between Alex Burrows and Milan Lucic in this series after Burrows got away with biting Patrice Bergeron and Lucic taunted Burrows with his fingers, we figured after the league decided to step up in their punishment of taunting that that would be the end of things.
Of course, that’s never how it works in the end and hostilities and acquaintances were renewed in the first period of tonight’s Game 5.
Late in the period during a neutral zone faceoff, Lucic and Burrows jockeyed for position outside of the draw spot. Burrows did his part to incite things by stepping over Lucic’s stick. Lucic then in an effort to get into the play tripped up Burrows causing Burrows to flop to the ice. Lucic was sent to the box for tripping while Burrows got two minutes for diving.
Boys will be boys… We guess.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)