Jun 10, 2011, 10:11 PM EDT
Through two periods of Game 5 the game remains scoreless but things got a bit better for Vancouver. The Canucks continued to pressure the Bruins and this time around they got the edge in shots that period outshooting them 12-9. Boston holds the two period shot advantage 21-18 though.
One difference in the second period is that we finally saw the Canucks power play hit the ice as they had two man-advantage opportunities against Boston but came up empty two more times.
The game’s best opportunity for a goal came courtesy of the Canucks fourth line when a puck came right to Tanner Glass at the far post and with Tim Thomas out of position Glass fanned on the shot as Vancouver couldn’t muster a solid opportunity on the play. With how this game is playing out, one goal could be the one that changes the whole thing.
Vancouver will have to keep up the pace in the third and keep generating opportunities. They’ll need to play a little smoother in their own end though as the Bruins played great when they were able to gain and sustain pressure in their zone. Boston is again getting great play out of Tim Thomas as the Canucks have scored just one goal in their last eight periods of play. One thing is for sure though, this has been the best game of the series, now let’s hope the third period gives us the kind of finish fitting for how it’s played out.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 16
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 23
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 23
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 11
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 80
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 25
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 89
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (89)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT