Jun 9, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Boston’s 4-0 Game 4 win over Vancouver has helped provide us with a wealth of story lines for Game 5 coming up on Friday. From Roberto Luongo‘s stunningly poor play while in Boston allowing 12 goals in two games, to Boston’s stunning turn of events to shift the momentum of the series back in their favor before hitting the road.
Versus’ Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick talked after the game as to whether or not Roberto Luongo should get the start in Game 5. After all, the last time we saw Luongo play this poorly it was in the first round against Chicago in Games 4 and 5 leading to Luongo getting the night off in Game 6 of their series. Jones and Roenick say you’ve got to stick with the one who brought you.
While Luongo had his troubles, so did Keith Ballard in his efforts to replace Aaron Rome. Ballard had one brutal turnover that became a goal by Brad Marchand and struggled all around with his game. Those struggles have turned the tide for the Bruins as they’ve now got themselves back in the series completely and part of that is thanks to Rich Peverley shining on the top line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Bill Patrick, Keith Jones, and Jeremy Roenick broke down each of their performances.
After the game, Brad Marchand spoke with Versus’ Darren Pang about the confidence the team had heading into Game 4 and how that’s paid off for them.
- Five big games to watch this weekend 3
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 28
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 34
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 14
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 52
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)