Jun 9, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Boston’s 4-0 Game 4 win over Vancouver has helped provide us with a wealth of story lines for Game 5 coming up on Friday. From Roberto Luongo‘s stunningly poor play while in Boston allowing 12 goals in two games, to Boston’s stunning turn of events to shift the momentum of the series back in their favor before hitting the road.
Versus’ Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick talked after the game as to whether or not Roberto Luongo should get the start in Game 5. After all, the last time we saw Luongo play this poorly it was in the first round against Chicago in Games 4 and 5 leading to Luongo getting the night off in Game 6 of their series. Jones and Roenick say you’ve got to stick with the one who brought you.
While Luongo had his troubles, so did Keith Ballard in his efforts to replace Aaron Rome. Ballard had one brutal turnover that became a goal by Brad Marchand and struggled all around with his game. Those struggles have turned the tide for the Bruins as they’ve now got themselves back in the series completely and part of that is thanks to Rich Peverley shining on the top line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Bill Patrick, Keith Jones, and Jeremy Roenick broke down each of their performances.
After the game, Brad Marchand spoke with Versus’ Darren Pang about the confidence the team had heading into Game 4 and how that’s paid off for them.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)