Jun 9, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Boston’s 4-0 Game 4 win over Vancouver has helped provide us with a wealth of story lines for Game 5 coming up on Friday. From Roberto Luongo‘s stunningly poor play while in Boston allowing 12 goals in two games, to Boston’s stunning turn of events to shift the momentum of the series back in their favor before hitting the road.
Versus’ Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick talked after the game as to whether or not Roberto Luongo should get the start in Game 5. After all, the last time we saw Luongo play this poorly it was in the first round against Chicago in Games 4 and 5 leading to Luongo getting the night off in Game 6 of their series. Jones and Roenick say you’ve got to stick with the one who brought you.
While Luongo had his troubles, so did Keith Ballard in his efforts to replace Aaron Rome. Ballard had one brutal turnover that became a goal by Brad Marchand and struggled all around with his game. Those struggles have turned the tide for the Bruins as they’ve now got themselves back in the series completely and part of that is thanks to Rich Peverley shining on the top line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Bill Patrick, Keith Jones, and Jeremy Roenick broke down each of their performances.
After the game, Brad Marchand spoke with Versus’ Darren Pang about the confidence the team had heading into Game 4 and how that’s paid off for them.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 0
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (46)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)