Jun 9, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
Boston’s 4-0 Game 4 win over Vancouver has helped provide us with a wealth of story lines for Game 5 coming up on Friday. From Roberto Luongo‘s stunningly poor play while in Boston allowing 12 goals in two games, to Boston’s stunning turn of events to shift the momentum of the series back in their favor before hitting the road.
Versus’ Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick talked after the game as to whether or not Roberto Luongo should get the start in Game 5. After all, the last time we saw Luongo play this poorly it was in the first round against Chicago in Games 4 and 5 leading to Luongo getting the night off in Game 6 of their series. Jones and Roenick say you’ve got to stick with the one who brought you.
While Luongo had his troubles, so did Keith Ballard in his efforts to replace Aaron Rome. Ballard had one brutal turnover that became a goal by Brad Marchand and struggled all around with his game. Those struggles have turned the tide for the Bruins as they’ve now got themselves back in the series completely and part of that is thanks to Rich Peverley shining on the top line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Bill Patrick, Keith Jones, and Jeremy Roenick broke down each of their performances.
After the game, Brad Marchand spoke with Versus’ Darren Pang about the confidence the team had heading into Game 4 and how that’s paid off for them.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)