Jun 8, 2011, 9:01 PM EDT
With all the shouting done and Game 4 finally being played, the taunting and other nonsense is put to an end and for Boston they’re still riding high.
Rich Peverley scored on a semi-breakaway with 8:01 remaining in the first period after blowing past a pinching Canucks defenseman and having Raffi Torres watch him skate by him and in on Roberto Luongo before scoring to put TD Garden into a frenzy. Peverley started off the game on the top line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic but coach Claude Julien has already switched things up putting Michael Ryder on the top line later on in the first.
One trend that did continue was Tim Thomas‘ stellar play as he’s come up huge twice in stopping all 12 shots he saw in the first. Luongo was much less busy stopping four out of five shots. Vancouver’s been able to play well five-on-five but their power play continues to struggle going 0-2 in the first period and not really generating any pressure offensively. The Bruins aggressive PK continues to play great forcing Vancouver to turn the puck over or just being unable to enter the zone.
Vancouver’s got a hill to climb now though as the Bruins are 9-1 in the playoffs when they score the first goal.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)