Jun 8, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
A quick update before Game 4 drops the puck in Boston.
If you’re to believe how the lines rush during warmups, Bruins coach Claude Julien has made his choice as to who will take Nathan Horton‘s spot on the first line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley skated with those two during warmups and looks set to start on the first line tonight.
It was thought that any one of Peverley, Michael Ryder, or Tyler Seguin could get the call to take that spot on the first line, but Peverley was the guy who got the call in Game 3 after Horton was knocked out by Aaron Rome. Peverley played well enough to earn the call tonight.
Vancouver is making a switch as well as Jeff Tambellini will be bumped out of the lineup in favor of Tanner Glass. Tambellini while fast had an off night on the fourth line in Game 3 including taking a hooking call in the second period that led to Mark Recchi‘s power play goal that made it 2-0.
Here’s tonight’s Versus pregame feature showing the emotions of the first three games of the finals.
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 8
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 46
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 19
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13