Jun 8, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
A quick update before Game 4 drops the puck in Boston.
If you’re to believe how the lines rush during warmups, Bruins coach Claude Julien has made his choice as to who will take Nathan Horton‘s spot on the first line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley skated with those two during warmups and looks set to start on the first line tonight.
It was thought that any one of Peverley, Michael Ryder, or Tyler Seguin could get the call to take that spot on the first line, but Peverley was the guy who got the call in Game 3 after Horton was knocked out by Aaron Rome. Peverley played well enough to earn the call tonight.
Vancouver is making a switch as well as Jeff Tambellini will be bumped out of the lineup in favor of Tanner Glass. Tambellini while fast had an off night on the fourth line in Game 3 including taking a hooking call in the second period that led to Mark Recchi‘s power play goal that made it 2-0.
Here’s tonight’s Versus pregame feature showing the emotions of the first three games of the finals.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 1
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 28
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)