Jun 8, 2011, 7:53 PM EDT
A quick update before Game 4 drops the puck in Boston.
If you’re to believe how the lines rush during warmups, Bruins coach Claude Julien has made his choice as to who will take Nathan Horton‘s spot on the first line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley skated with those two during warmups and looks set to start on the first line tonight.
It was thought that any one of Peverley, Michael Ryder, or Tyler Seguin could get the call to take that spot on the first line, but Peverley was the guy who got the call in Game 3 after Horton was knocked out by Aaron Rome. Peverley played well enough to earn the call tonight.
Vancouver is making a switch as well as Jeff Tambellini will be bumped out of the lineup in favor of Tanner Glass. Tambellini while fast had an off night on the fourth line in Game 3 including taking a hooking call in the second period that led to Mark Recchi‘s power play goal that made it 2-0.
Here’s tonight’s Versus pregame feature showing the emotions of the first three games of the finals.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 3
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)