Jun 8, 2011, 7:53 PM EST
A quick update before Game 4 drops the puck in Boston.
If you’re to believe how the lines rush during warmups, Bruins coach Claude Julien has made his choice as to who will take Nathan Horton‘s spot on the first line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley skated with those two during warmups and looks set to start on the first line tonight.
It was thought that any one of Peverley, Michael Ryder, or Tyler Seguin could get the call to take that spot on the first line, but Peverley was the guy who got the call in Game 3 after Horton was knocked out by Aaron Rome. Peverley played well enough to earn the call tonight.
Vancouver is making a switch as well as Jeff Tambellini will be bumped out of the lineup in favor of Tanner Glass. Tambellini while fast had an off night on the fourth line in Game 3 including taking a hooking call in the second period that led to Mark Recchi‘s power play goal that made it 2-0.
Here’s tonight’s Versus pregame feature showing the emotions of the first three games of the finals.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 20
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 9
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 12
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 9
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4