Jun 8, 2011, 7:53 PM EST
A quick update before Game 4 drops the puck in Boston.
If you’re to believe how the lines rush during warmups, Bruins coach Claude Julien has made his choice as to who will take Nathan Horton‘s spot on the first line with David Krejci and Milan Lucic. Rich Peverley skated with those two during warmups and looks set to start on the first line tonight.
It was thought that any one of Peverley, Michael Ryder, or Tyler Seguin could get the call to take that spot on the first line, but Peverley was the guy who got the call in Game 3 after Horton was knocked out by Aaron Rome. Peverley played well enough to earn the call tonight.
Vancouver is making a switch as well as Jeff Tambellini will be bumped out of the lineup in favor of Tanner Glass. Tambellini while fast had an off night on the fourth line in Game 3 including taking a hooking call in the second period that led to Mark Recchi‘s power play goal that made it 2-0.
Here’s tonight’s Versus pregame feature showing the emotions of the first three games of the finals.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11