Jun 8, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Thomas stopped 37 shots on goal in earning his third playoff shutout of the season while Rich Peverley proved to be a brilliant replacement on the top line scoring two goals to help pace the Bruins to the win.
The third period would be marred with incidents surrounding Brad Marchand lighting a fire under Vancouver followed by Alex Burrows and Tim Thomas exchanging blows in the closing minutes. All the scrapping goes for naught for Vancouver as they’re headed back home with a lot to figure out as the Bruins protect home ice and even the series.
We’ll have more to come throughout the night.
Here are the highlights from Game 4.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 2
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 15
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)