Jun 8, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Thomas stopped 37 shots on goal in earning his third playoff shutout of the season while Rich Peverley proved to be a brilliant replacement on the top line scoring two goals to help pace the Bruins to the win.
The third period would be marred with incidents surrounding Brad Marchand lighting a fire under Vancouver followed by Alex Burrows and Tim Thomas exchanging blows in the closing minutes. All the scrapping goes for naught for Vancouver as they’re headed back home with a lot to figure out as the Bruins protect home ice and even the series.
We’ll have more to come throughout the night.
Here are the highlights from Game 4.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)