Jun 8, 2011, 11:05 PM EST
Thomas stopped 37 shots on goal in earning his third playoff shutout of the season while Rich Peverley proved to be a brilliant replacement on the top line scoring two goals to help pace the Bruins to the win.
The third period would be marred with incidents surrounding Brad Marchand lighting a fire under Vancouver followed by Alex Burrows and Tim Thomas exchanging blows in the closing minutes. All the scrapping goes for naught for Vancouver as they’re headed back home with a lot to figure out as the Bruins protect home ice and even the series.
We’ll have more to come throughout the night.
Here are the highlights from Game 4.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)