Jun 8, 2011, 11:05 PM EST
Thomas stopped 37 shots on goal in earning his third playoff shutout of the season while Rich Peverley proved to be a brilliant replacement on the top line scoring two goals to help pace the Bruins to the win.
The third period would be marred with incidents surrounding Brad Marchand lighting a fire under Vancouver followed by Alex Burrows and Tim Thomas exchanging blows in the closing minutes. All the scrapping goes for naught for Vancouver as they’re headed back home with a lot to figure out as the Bruins protect home ice and even the series.
We’ll have more to come throughout the night.
Here are the highlights from Game 4.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 3
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 33
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 63
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 31
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)