Jun 8, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Thomas stopped 37 shots on goal in earning his third playoff shutout of the season while Rich Peverley proved to be a brilliant replacement on the top line scoring two goals to help pace the Bruins to the win.
The third period would be marred with incidents surrounding Brad Marchand lighting a fire under Vancouver followed by Alex Burrows and Tim Thomas exchanging blows in the closing minutes. All the scrapping goes for naught for Vancouver as they’re headed back home with a lot to figure out as the Bruins protect home ice and even the series.
We’ll have more to come throughout the night.
Here are the highlights from Game 4.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)