Jun 6, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues and Phoenix Coyotes made some minor moves to fill up their rosters today, although neither teams were kind enough to share the exact terms of the contract extensions. Let’s discuss those two deals anyway.
- The Coyotes still need to find a way to re-sign Ilya Bryzgalov – or figure out which goalie will be their top netminder in his place – but their 2010-11 backup will be back in the fold. Phoenix re-signed Jason LaBarbera to a two-year contract extension.
The journeyman backup boasts impressive size as his greatest strength. He was OK in 17 games this season, going 7-6-3 with a .909 save percentage and 3.26 GAA. It’s hard to imagine “The Barber” being a starter for the Coyotes, but he could be a reasonably decent backup for two more seasons.
- Re-signing LaBarbera isn’t an earth-shattering achievement, but re-signing T.J. Hensick brings even bigger yawns. The Blues signed the underwhelming former Colorado Avalanche forward to a two-year contract extension today. My guess is that they made it a two-way deal since Hensick isn’t exactly tearing it up at the NHL level.
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 0
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 20
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 3
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 11
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)