Jun 6, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues and Phoenix Coyotes made some minor moves to fill up their rosters today, although neither teams were kind enough to share the exact terms of the contract extensions. Let’s discuss those two deals anyway.
- The Coyotes still need to find a way to re-sign Ilya Bryzgalov – or figure out which goalie will be their top netminder in his place – but their 2010-11 backup will be back in the fold. Phoenix re-signed Jason LaBarbera to a two-year contract extension.
The journeyman backup boasts impressive size as his greatest strength. He was OK in 17 games this season, going 7-6-3 with a .909 save percentage and 3.26 GAA. It’s hard to imagine “The Barber” being a starter for the Coyotes, but he could be a reasonably decent backup for two more seasons.
- Re-signing LaBarbera isn’t an earth-shattering achievement, but re-signing T.J. Hensick brings even bigger yawns. The Blues signed the underwhelming former Colorado Avalanche forward to a two-year contract extension today. My guess is that they made it a two-way deal since Hensick isn’t exactly tearing it up at the NHL level.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)