Jun 5, 2011, 1:57 AM EDT
After Vancouver’s 3-2 overtime win against Boston in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals there were plenty of people to talk to and get their take on what went down. One of the heroes in Game 2 for Vancouver was Daniel Sedin.
Sedin’s goal in the third period off a great feed from Alex Burrows tied the game at 2-2 and helped force overtime. After the game, Sedin spoke with NBC’s Pierre McGuire to talk about how things shook out for the Canucks as they head to Boston up in the series.
Also chatting with Pierre was Mason Raymond. Raymond played over 18 minutes tonight and spoke with Pierre about how big of a win it was for the Canucks.
With Alex Burrows scoring two goals and adding an assist in tonight’s game after getting away with biting Patrice Bergeron in Game 1 without a suspension, most fans are wondering what the Bruins might be thinking about seeing him out there and having such a huge impact in the game. With Burrows not being suspended for tonight’s Game 2 win, Bruins coach Claude Julien isn’t about to start making excuses for his team saying that making excuses is “lame” in this case.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1