Jun 5, 2011, 1:57 AM EDT
After Vancouver’s 3-2 overtime win against Boston in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals there were plenty of people to talk to and get their take on what went down. One of the heroes in Game 2 for Vancouver was Daniel Sedin.
Sedin’s goal in the third period off a great feed from Alex Burrows tied the game at 2-2 and helped force overtime. After the game, Sedin spoke with NBC’s Pierre McGuire to talk about how things shook out for the Canucks as they head to Boston up in the series.
Also chatting with Pierre was Mason Raymond. Raymond played over 18 minutes tonight and spoke with Pierre about how big of a win it was for the Canucks.
With Alex Burrows scoring two goals and adding an assist in tonight’s game after getting away with biting Patrice Bergeron in Game 1 without a suspension, most fans are wondering what the Bruins might be thinking about seeing him out there and having such a huge impact in the game. With Burrows not being suspended for tonight’s Game 2 win, Bruins coach Claude Julien isn’t about to start making excuses for his team saying that making excuses is “lame” in this case.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 46
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)