Jun 5, 2011, 1:57 AM EST
After Vancouver’s 3-2 overtime win against Boston in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals there were plenty of people to talk to and get their take on what went down. One of the heroes in Game 2 for Vancouver was Daniel Sedin.
Sedin’s goal in the third period off a great feed from Alex Burrows tied the game at 2-2 and helped force overtime. After the game, Sedin spoke with NBC’s Pierre McGuire to talk about how things shook out for the Canucks as they head to Boston up in the series.
Also chatting with Pierre was Mason Raymond. Raymond played over 18 minutes tonight and spoke with Pierre about how big of a win it was for the Canucks.
With Alex Burrows scoring two goals and adding an assist in tonight’s game after getting away with biting Patrice Bergeron in Game 1 without a suspension, most fans are wondering what the Bruins might be thinking about seeing him out there and having such a huge impact in the game. With Burrows not being suspended for tonight’s Game 2 win, Bruins coach Claude Julien isn’t about to start making excuses for his team saying that making excuses is “lame” in this case.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 2
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 2
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)