Jun 4, 2011, 10:59 PM EST
After the second period with the Canucks down 2-1 we called out the Sedin twins Henrik and Daniel to step up if the Canucks were going to tie or win the game. Sure enough, we proved our powers of mysticism and got a virtual perfect period out of Vancouver as they pushed the issue in the third outshooting Boston 11-5 in the period and tying the game up thanks to Daniel Sedin.
Daniel’s goal at 9:37 of the third tied the game up at 2-2 and once again it would be with a little bit of help from Alex Burrows. Burrows’ pass to Daniel to set him up for the goal was a beauty as the Canucks were able to win the faceoff in Boston’s end and control the play. Alexander Edler getting the puck to Burrows for the neat, quick pass to get the goal made it a thing of beauty. Tim Thomas despite his best efforts was unable to come up with the leg save as Sedin’s quick shot eluded him.
Fortunately for Boston, the third period came to an end without further damage as the Canucks brought the play hard in the closing minutes of the period as the Canucks threatened. One thing to look out for in overtime is how Tim Thomas handles the traffic around his net. He’s been getting frustrated with the Canucks crashing the net and has been jumping out to go after Canucks forwards. He’ll need to keep that in check in overtime and beyond so as to avoid either a penalty or a misplay that could cost the Bruins.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)