Jun 4, 2011, 10:59 PM EST
After the second period with the Canucks down 2-1 we called out the Sedin twins Henrik and Daniel to step up if the Canucks were going to tie or win the game. Sure enough, we proved our powers of mysticism and got a virtual perfect period out of Vancouver as they pushed the issue in the third outshooting Boston 11-5 in the period and tying the game up thanks to Daniel Sedin.
Daniel’s goal at 9:37 of the third tied the game up at 2-2 and once again it would be with a little bit of help from Alex Burrows. Burrows’ pass to Daniel to set him up for the goal was a beauty as the Canucks were able to win the faceoff in Boston’s end and control the play. Alexander Edler getting the puck to Burrows for the neat, quick pass to get the goal made it a thing of beauty. Tim Thomas despite his best efforts was unable to come up with the leg save as Sedin’s quick shot eluded him.
Fortunately for Boston, the third period came to an end without further damage as the Canucks brought the play hard in the closing minutes of the period as the Canucks threatened. One thing to look out for in overtime is how Tim Thomas handles the traffic around his net. He’s been getting frustrated with the Canucks crashing the net and has been jumping out to go after Canucks forwards. He’ll need to keep that in check in overtime and beyond so as to avoid either a penalty or a misplay that could cost the Bruins.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)