May 28, 2011, 11:51 PM EST
Every year we do a story like this and every year we’re blown away by the staggering prices but you won’t believe what you’ll have to pay in order to get tickets to the Stanley Cup finals. This year with the games taking place in Vancouver and Boston, two of the normally pricier tickets in the NHL to begin with, the demand for tickets to the finals are sky high and likewise the prices are too.
According to ticket search site for fans FanSnap, if you’re aiming for tickets in either Boston of Vancouver expect to pay up in a big way to get them on the secondary market.
According to the site, the average ticket price for seats to Games 1,2, or 5 at Rogers Arena in Vancouver will break the bank for $1,927. If you’re aiming for tickets just to Game 1 and want to see the first Stanley Cup final game in Vancouver since 1994, you’ll be paying an average of $1,430. If you’re hoping to catch a break on tickets, you’ll be looking to get to Boston for Games 1,2, or 6.
For tickets to TD Garden in Boston for any of those three games, the average price will kick your bank account to the tune of an average of $1,109. If you just want to be at the first Stanley Cup finals game in Boston since 1990 you’ll be looking to pay an average of $935 to Game 3.
Of course, if you’re looking for single ticket deals there are some to be had though according to FanSnap. In Boston, a seat can be had in the balcony for Game 4 for $398. If you want to skimp out on a cheap ticket in Vancouver, you’ll need to sit in the upper level on the goal end at Game 1 for a highly affordable price of $600.
While high ticket prices for the finals aren’t a shock by any means seeing such astronomical numbers never gets less stunning to see. Seeing how rough the ride is to get tickets in Canada in a city where the home team has their best shot at a Stanley Cup in their 40 year history makes it all the more fascinating to see. What we’ll be curious to see how out of control things get if there’s a Game 7 to be played there.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)