May 21, 2011, 9:35 AM EST
With Game 4 between Boston and Tampa Bay going down this afternoon from Florida (1:30 p.m. ET on NBC) it’s a make or break game for the series as far as Tampa Bay is concerned. With the Bruins holding a 2-1 series lead, going down 3-1 and heading back to Boston for Game 5 does not make for an ideal situation for the Lightning.
After coming out so flat in Game 3, Tampa Bay will need to find that jump in their game that they showed in Game 1 of this series. Taking advantage of the Bruins when they’re shorthanded and pressuring Boston into making mistakes will be high on their list of priorities. For Boston, a lot of what they’ve done the last two games has been near flawless. In particular, Tim Thomas has been outstanding and him earning a 31-save shutout in Game 3 is emblematic of that.
Hockey Central’s Bill Patrick asks Keith Jones and Mike Keenan to take a look at both teams and what they need to do to force the issue in Game 4.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)