May 19, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
It was shaping up yesterday that things were looking up for Patrice Bergeron to get back into the lineup for the Boston Bruins in either Game 3 or Game 4 against Tampa Bay and after today’s practice in Florida, things are looking even better.
It’s looking so good for Bergeron now that sources have told CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty that Bergeron will indeed be suiting up for the Bruins tonight as they look to take a 2-1 series lead against the Lightning. Getting Bergeron back in the lineup after suffering a concussion in Game 4 against Philadelphia in the previous round means that someone is going to get bumped out to the press box. It won’t be Tyler Seguin as coach Claude Julien said yesterday that Seguin was in no matter what, but it’ll likely be Shawn Thornton that sits in favor of Bergeron.
Getting Bergeron back in the lineup means the Bruins get their top scorer through the first two rounds back and also one of their top defending forwards as well. Bergeron’s help on the penalty kill will be more than welcome to Boston as the Lightning have done well to cash in on the man advantage all playoffs long and are 2-9 on the power play in this series.
With Bergeron in and Seguin lighting things up with the goals, Bruins fans have every reason to be pumped up. If Bergeron goes back to doing what he was doing all along and Seguin’s hot streak continues to roll the Bruins are that much more dangerous. Unless the Lightning have found ways to better defend against what the Bruins did to them in Game 2, this series could be taking a big swing in Boston’s favor.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 4
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 7
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)