May 19, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
It was shaping up yesterday that things were looking up for Patrice Bergeron to get back into the lineup for the Boston Bruins in either Game 3 or Game 4 against Tampa Bay and after today’s practice in Florida, things are looking even better.
It’s looking so good for Bergeron now that sources have told CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty that Bergeron will indeed be suiting up for the Bruins tonight as they look to take a 2-1 series lead against the Lightning. Getting Bergeron back in the lineup after suffering a concussion in Game 4 against Philadelphia in the previous round means that someone is going to get bumped out to the press box. It won’t be Tyler Seguin as coach Claude Julien said yesterday that Seguin was in no matter what, but it’ll likely be Shawn Thornton that sits in favor of Bergeron.
Getting Bergeron back in the lineup means the Bruins get their top scorer through the first two rounds back and also one of their top defending forwards as well. Bergeron’s help on the penalty kill will be more than welcome to Boston as the Lightning have done well to cash in on the man advantage all playoffs long and are 2-9 on the power play in this series.
With Bergeron in and Seguin lighting things up with the goals, Bruins fans have every reason to be pumped up. If Bergeron goes back to doing what he was doing all along and Seguin’s hot streak continues to roll the Bruins are that much more dangerous. Unless the Lightning have found ways to better defend against what the Bruins did to them in Game 2, this series could be taking a big swing in Boston’s favor.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)