May 19, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
It was shaping up yesterday that things were looking up for Patrice Bergeron to get back into the lineup for the Boston Bruins in either Game 3 or Game 4 against Tampa Bay and after today’s practice in Florida, things are looking even better.
It’s looking so good for Bergeron now that sources have told CSN New England’s Joe Haggerty that Bergeron will indeed be suiting up for the Bruins tonight as they look to take a 2-1 series lead against the Lightning. Getting Bergeron back in the lineup after suffering a concussion in Game 4 against Philadelphia in the previous round means that someone is going to get bumped out to the press box. It won’t be Tyler Seguin as coach Claude Julien said yesterday that Seguin was in no matter what, but it’ll likely be Shawn Thornton that sits in favor of Bergeron.
Getting Bergeron back in the lineup means the Bruins get their top scorer through the first two rounds back and also one of their top defending forwards as well. Bergeron’s help on the penalty kill will be more than welcome to Boston as the Lightning have done well to cash in on the man advantage all playoffs long and are 2-9 on the power play in this series.
With Bergeron in and Seguin lighting things up with the goals, Bruins fans have every reason to be pumped up. If Bergeron goes back to doing what he was doing all along and Seguin’s hot streak continues to roll the Bruins are that much more dangerous. Unless the Lightning have found ways to better defend against what the Bruins did to them in Game 2, this series could be taking a big swing in Boston’s favor.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)