May 18, 2011, 6:38 PM EDT
Tonight’s Game 2 matchup between the San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks could tell us a lot about this series. Sure, the Sharks won’t be totally dead if they went down 2-0 since they play the next two games in San Jose. That being said, a Sharks victory would greatly increase the chances of a lengthy series between these two talented teams.
San Jose @ Vancouver (Versus) – 9 p.m. ET; Canucks lead series 1-0
Before we delve into the multitude of sparkling PHT material on the game, here are a few more bits about the Canucks and Sharks. First things first, Jeff Tambellini will replace Tanner Glass on Vancouver’s fourth line. Lastly, the Sporting News named Daniel Sedin their player of the year and NHL.com looks at the questions for both teams going into Game 2.
OK, now that we took care of some housekeeping, check out these posts.
- Mikael Samuelsson will likely miss the rest of this series while Alain Vigneault is annoyed by all the questions that stem from Manny Malhotra skating in full gear.
- And you thought Guy Boucher was the only coach who practiced on-ice psychology: Todd McLellan said he has been “massaging” his players minds to play just a little bit better (and hopefully win).
- Check out this video for a Game 2 preview from the Versus crew.
- How Joe Thornton challenging Ryan Kesler to a fight is another sign that he’s become a more assertive player in this year’s playoffs.
- Douglas Murray knows about at least two things: throwing vicious hits and drinking tasty beer.
- The Sharks need more from big guns such as Dany Heatley, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski.
- Finally here’s Joe’s five thoughts from Game 1, along with the Game 1 recap.
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 3
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 14
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 7
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 54
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 5
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Pacers take down Heat in Game 2 to even series
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PHT: NHL to present Coyotes ownership plans
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination