May 18, 2011, 6:38 PM EST
Tonight’s Game 2 matchup between the San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks could tell us a lot about this series. Sure, the Sharks won’t be totally dead if they went down 2-0 since they play the next two games in San Jose. That being said, a Sharks victory would greatly increase the chances of a lengthy series between these two talented teams.
San Jose @ Vancouver (Versus) – 9 p.m. ET; Canucks lead series 1-0
Before we delve into the multitude of sparkling PHT material on the game, here are a few more bits about the Canucks and Sharks. First things first, Jeff Tambellini will replace Tanner Glass on Vancouver’s fourth line. Lastly, the Sporting News named Daniel Sedin their player of the year and NHL.com looks at the questions for both teams going into Game 2.
OK, now that we took care of some housekeeping, check out these posts.
- Mikael Samuelsson will likely miss the rest of this series while Alain Vigneault is annoyed by all the questions that stem from Manny Malhotra skating in full gear.
- And you thought Guy Boucher was the only coach who practiced on-ice psychology: Todd McLellan said he has been “massaging” his players minds to play just a little bit better (and hopefully win).
- Check out this video for a Game 2 preview from the Versus crew.
- How Joe Thornton challenging Ryan Kesler to a fight is another sign that he’s become a more assertive player in this year’s playoffs.
- Douglas Murray knows about at least two things: throwing vicious hits and drinking tasty beer.
- The Sharks need more from big guns such as Dany Heatley, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski.
- Finally here’s Joe’s five thoughts from Game 1, along with the Game 1 recap.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 1
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 3
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 20
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 19
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)