May 18, 2011, 6:38 PM EST
Tonight’s Game 2 matchup between the San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks could tell us a lot about this series. Sure, the Sharks won’t be totally dead if they went down 2-0 since they play the next two games in San Jose. That being said, a Sharks victory would greatly increase the chances of a lengthy series between these two talented teams.
San Jose @ Vancouver (Versus) – 9 p.m. ET; Canucks lead series 1-0
Before we delve into the multitude of sparkling PHT material on the game, here are a few more bits about the Canucks and Sharks. First things first, Jeff Tambellini will replace Tanner Glass on Vancouver’s fourth line. Lastly, the Sporting News named Daniel Sedin their player of the year and NHL.com looks at the questions for both teams going into Game 2.
OK, now that we took care of some housekeeping, check out these posts.
- Mikael Samuelsson will likely miss the rest of this series while Alain Vigneault is annoyed by all the questions that stem from Manny Malhotra skating in full gear.
- And you thought Guy Boucher was the only coach who practiced on-ice psychology: Todd McLellan said he has been “massaging” his players minds to play just a little bit better (and hopefully win).
- Check out this video for a Game 2 preview from the Versus crew.
- How Joe Thornton challenging Ryan Kesler to a fight is another sign that he’s become a more assertive player in this year’s playoffs.
- Douglas Murray knows about at least two things: throwing vicious hits and drinking tasty beer.
- The Sharks need more from big guns such as Dany Heatley, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski.
- Finally here’s Joe’s five thoughts from Game 1, along with the Game 1 recap.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46