May 18, 2011, 6:38 PM EST
Tonight’s Game 2 matchup between the San Jose Sharks and Vancouver Canucks could tell us a lot about this series. Sure, the Sharks won’t be totally dead if they went down 2-0 since they play the next two games in San Jose. That being said, a Sharks victory would greatly increase the chances of a lengthy series between these two talented teams.
San Jose @ Vancouver (Versus) – 9 p.m. ET; Canucks lead series 1-0
Before we delve into the multitude of sparkling PHT material on the game, here are a few more bits about the Canucks and Sharks. First things first, Jeff Tambellini will replace Tanner Glass on Vancouver’s fourth line. Lastly, the Sporting News named Daniel Sedin their player of the year and NHL.com looks at the questions for both teams going into Game 2.
OK, now that we took care of some housekeeping, check out these posts.
- Mikael Samuelsson will likely miss the rest of this series while Alain Vigneault is annoyed by all the questions that stem from Manny Malhotra skating in full gear.
- And you thought Guy Boucher was the only coach who practiced on-ice psychology: Todd McLellan said he has been “massaging” his players minds to play just a little bit better (and hopefully win).
- Check out this video for a Game 2 preview from the Versus crew.
- How Joe Thornton challenging Ryan Kesler to a fight is another sign that he’s become a more assertive player in this year’s playoffs.
- Douglas Murray knows about at least two things: throwing vicious hits and drinking tasty beer.
- The Sharks need more from big guns such as Dany Heatley, Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski.
- Finally here’s Joe’s five thoughts from Game 1, along with the Game 1 recap.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)