May 17, 2011, 10:34 PM EDT
Some might consider tonight’s Game 2 a possible end to Dwayne Roloson‘s stunning run. After all, he was pulled going into the third period after the Boston Bruins took a 6-3 lead over his Tampa Bay Lightning. (If you ask me, though, most of those goals should be attributed to his team’s struggles.)
Either way, one off-game shouldn’t obscure a great 2011 playoffs for Roloson. He helped the Lightning put together a flabbergasting eight-game winning streak, earning a save percentage slightly above 94 percent going into Game 2.
Of course, it’s virtually impossible to mention Roloson’s great playoff performances without referring to his age. The 41-year-old goalie has been an absolute steal for the Lightning, who acquired him in a trade during the season.
Check out this Versus video, which includes commentary about Roloson. Also note the beyond-his-years beard sported by Steven Stamkos. That guy just excels at everything at an early age, doesn’t he?
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 22
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 6
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 16
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 23
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 49
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 92
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)