May 17, 2011, 10:34 PM EDT
Some might consider tonight’s Game 2 a possible end to Dwayne Roloson‘s stunning run. After all, he was pulled going into the third period after the Boston Bruins took a 6-3 lead over his Tampa Bay Lightning. (If you ask me, though, most of those goals should be attributed to his team’s struggles.)
Either way, one off-game shouldn’t obscure a great 2011 playoffs for Roloson. He helped the Lightning put together a flabbergasting eight-game winning streak, earning a save percentage slightly above 94 percent going into Game 2.
Of course, it’s virtually impossible to mention Roloson’s great playoff performances without referring to his age. The 41-year-old goalie has been an absolute steal for the Lightning, who acquired him in a trade during the season.
Check out this Versus video, which includes commentary about Roloson. Also note the beyond-his-years beard sported by Steven Stamkos. That guy just excels at everything at an early age, doesn’t he?
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)