May 17, 2011, 10:34 PM EST
Some might consider tonight’s Game 2 a possible end to Dwayne Roloson‘s stunning run. After all, he was pulled going into the third period after the Boston Bruins took a 6-3 lead over his Tampa Bay Lightning. (If you ask me, though, most of those goals should be attributed to his team’s struggles.)
Either way, one off-game shouldn’t obscure a great 2011 playoffs for Roloson. He helped the Lightning put together a flabbergasting eight-game winning streak, earning a save percentage slightly above 94 percent going into Game 2.
Of course, it’s virtually impossible to mention Roloson’s great playoff performances without referring to his age. The 41-year-old goalie has been an absolute steal for the Lightning, who acquired him in a trade during the season.
Check out this Versus video, which includes commentary about Roloson. Also note the beyond-his-years beard sported by Steven Stamkos. That guy just excels at everything at an early age, doesn’t he?
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 15
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)