May 17, 2011, 10:34 PM EDT
Some might consider tonight’s Game 2 a possible end to Dwayne Roloson‘s stunning run. After all, he was pulled going into the third period after the Boston Bruins took a 6-3 lead over his Tampa Bay Lightning. (If you ask me, though, most of those goals should be attributed to his team’s struggles.)
Either way, one off-game shouldn’t obscure a great 2011 playoffs for Roloson. He helped the Lightning put together a flabbergasting eight-game winning streak, earning a save percentage slightly above 94 percent going into Game 2.
Of course, it’s virtually impossible to mention Roloson’s great playoff performances without referring to his age. The 41-year-old goalie has been an absolute steal for the Lightning, who acquired him in a trade during the season.
Check out this Versus video, which includes commentary about Roloson. Also note the beyond-his-years beard sported by Steven Stamkos. That guy just excels at everything at an early age, doesn’t he?
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 8
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 18
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 80
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (80)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)