May 17, 2011, 10:34 PM EDT
Some might consider tonight’s Game 2 a possible end to Dwayne Roloson‘s stunning run. After all, he was pulled going into the third period after the Boston Bruins took a 6-3 lead over his Tampa Bay Lightning. (If you ask me, though, most of those goals should be attributed to his team’s struggles.)
Either way, one off-game shouldn’t obscure a great 2011 playoffs for Roloson. He helped the Lightning put together a flabbergasting eight-game winning streak, earning a save percentage slightly above 94 percent going into Game 2.
Of course, it’s virtually impossible to mention Roloson’s great playoff performances without referring to his age. The 41-year-old goalie has been an absolute steal for the Lightning, who acquired him in a trade during the season.
Check out this Versus video, which includes commentary about Roloson. Also note the beyond-his-years beard sported by Steven Stamkos. That guy just excels at everything at an early age, doesn’t he?
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 6
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 15
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)