May 17, 2011, 8:04 PM EDT
There was a surprising amount of mystery surrounding Patrice Bergeron’s Game 2 status, but it looks like logic prevailed. The two-way center won’t play tonight, which is probably the best move considering the fact that he’s dealing with a mild concussion.
Obviously, the Boston Bruins would love to have a healthy Bergeron in the lineup. The Tampa Bay Lightning’s speed and skill will cause them even more trouble without their leading playoff scorer and strong defensive center in the lineup. Still, with his history of head issues, the team shouldn’t rush him back into the lineup. Even if they’re in a dire situation.
Naturally, we’ll keep you informed as the series goes on. Some estimates had him possibly returning by Game 5 (if necessary), but we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.
You can watch how Boston operates without Bergeron in Game 2 on Versus, which will begin shortly.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)