May 15, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
Tonight sees the Western Conference finals get under way from Vancouver as the Canucks face off with the San Jose Sharks. While the Sharks are coming off a legendary seven game series against Detroit, the Canucks have had a lot of time comparatively to prepare for the conference finals.
San Jose will look to keep the good things going as they’ll look to captain Joe Thornton to continue his rock solid play along with potential Conn Smythe candidate and Sharks leading playoff scorer Ryane Clowe. They’ll need to get continued solid play from Joe Pavelski and Dan Boyle as well as hoping Patrick Marleau and Dany Heatley can bring their “A” game.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead to Game 1 to break down what each team will need to get their series started on the right foot.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)