May 15, 2011, 3:07 PM EST
Tonight sees the Western Conference finals get under way from Vancouver as the Canucks face off with the San Jose Sharks. While the Sharks are coming off a legendary seven game series against Detroit, the Canucks have had a lot of time comparatively to prepare for the conference finals.
San Jose will look to keep the good things going as they’ll look to captain Joe Thornton to continue his rock solid play along with potential Conn Smythe candidate and Sharks leading playoff scorer Ryane Clowe. They’ll need to get continued solid play from Joe Pavelski and Dan Boyle as well as hoping Patrick Marleau and Dany Heatley can bring their “A” game.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead to Game 1 to break down what each team will need to get their series started on the right foot.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54