May 12, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
Tonight’s Game 7 between Detroit and San Jose is worthy of all the attention it’s going to get tonight. With a potentially historic collapse on the part of the Sharks happening tonight or a valiant effort to get back into a series that just falls short by Detroit, there’s enough drama here to make a soap opera fan jealous.
With so much to preview and look ahead to, Versus will be going live with a one hour long pregame show at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. for you good folks on pins and needles in California) to break down the series, the match-ups, and how tonight’s potentially legendary game will shake loose.
We’ll hear from all the usual suspects from Hockey Central as well as from Doc Emrick, Ed Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire on hand in San Jose to give their take on things as tonight’s game is set up to be a beauty. That is unless you’re a fan of either team and you’re stressing out like crazy.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)