May 12, 2011, 11:58 AM EST
Tonight’s Game 7 between Detroit and San Jose is worthy of all the attention it’s going to get tonight. With a potentially historic collapse on the part of the Sharks happening tonight or a valiant effort to get back into a series that just falls short by Detroit, there’s enough drama here to make a soap opera fan jealous.
With so much to preview and look ahead to, Versus will be going live with a one hour long pregame show at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. for you good folks on pins and needles in California) to break down the series, the match-ups, and how tonight’s potentially legendary game will shake loose.
We’ll hear from all the usual suspects from Hockey Central as well as from Doc Emrick, Ed Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire on hand in San Jose to give their take on things as tonight’s game is set up to be a beauty. That is unless you’re a fan of either team and you’re stressing out like crazy.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 0
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 87
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 98
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (100)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (100)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)