May 12, 2011, 11:58 AM EST
Tonight’s Game 7 between Detroit and San Jose is worthy of all the attention it’s going to get tonight. With a potentially historic collapse on the part of the Sharks happening tonight or a valiant effort to get back into a series that just falls short by Detroit, there’s enough drama here to make a soap opera fan jealous.
With so much to preview and look ahead to, Versus will be going live with a one hour long pregame show at 8 p.m. ET (5 p.m. for you good folks on pins and needles in California) to break down the series, the match-ups, and how tonight’s potentially legendary game will shake loose.
We’ll hear from all the usual suspects from Hockey Central as well as from Doc Emrick, Ed Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire on hand in San Jose to give their take on things as tonight’s game is set up to be a beauty. That is unless you’re a fan of either team and you’re stressing out like crazy.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 8
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 32
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)