May 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
For hockey fans without a horse in the race, each Detroit Red Wings win against the San Jose Sharks has been a little gift. Not only do those Red Wings wins make for more playoff games, it extends a series that features some of the most talented players in the NHL. The hockey hasn’t always been perfect, but the pace of these games have been outstanding.
Of course, there’s another reason they’ve been great theater: they provide more opportunities for moments of great drama. Like, say, Jeremy Roenick describing Patrick Marleau’s performance as “gutless,” for instance.
Roenick and Keith Jones provided some interesting insight regarding tonight’s upcoming Game 6 between the Red Wings and Sharks, but many will wonder if Roenick has anything else to say about Marleau. Roenick delivered in that regard, saying that he hopes Marleau makes him eat “every one of his words” regarding the former Sharks captain’s performance in the playoffs.
Check out the video for the entirety of that blurb as well as more analysis from Jones and Roenick.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8