May 10, 2011, 3:54 PM EDT
At this point, we already know that the Boston Bruins will host the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals on Saturday. While that long layoff might allow Simon Gagne to make it back into Tampa Bay’s lineup, Patrice Bergeron has been ruled out of the first game or two for Boston.
Bergeron probably won’t begin the series for Boston – and who knows if he’ll be back before next season after suffering his third concussion in four years – but the good news is that he spent time with the team during practice today. Joe Haggerty reports that he received treatment and interacted with teammates as they practiced, but it doesn’t sound like he went through anything too strenuous today.
Here’s what Bruins coach Claude Julien said about Bergeron’s progress.
“He’s doing better,” said Julien. “He’s dealing with the concussion symptoms and the protocol that goes along with that. He’s here today because he’s feeling better. We’re getting some positive feedback from him.”
The concussion recovery process can be a rather tricky one, but it’s nice to hear that Bergeron is making progress. Who knows if he’ll be ready to go during this year’s playoffs, but if Gagne can make it back considering his own history of issues, you really never know. We’ll keep you updated as the Eastern Conference finals approach.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (149)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)