May 9, 2011, 10:54 AM EST
A crucial Game 6 is on the way tonight in Nashville and for the homestanding Predators they’ll need a win to help extend the series to a seventh game. This is familiar territory for the Vancouver Canucks, however, as they were in this position last round against Chicago. As you might recall, things didn’t go too well in that Game 6 for Vancouver as they failed to put away the Blackhawks then.
With Nashville getting new life winning on the road after Vancouver found ways to beat them twice at Bridgestone Arena, they’ll have to put things together the right way to get their first home win of the series. While they’ve gotten great play from role players like David Legwand and Joel Ward, they’ll need a little more out of guys like Mike Fisher and Martin Erat though to have a shot at pulling the upset.
Hockey Central’s Bill Patrick asks Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick what each team needs to do if they’re going to come away a winner in Game 6.
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12