May 9, 2011, 10:54 AM EST
A crucial Game 6 is on the way tonight in Nashville and for the homestanding Predators they’ll need a win to help extend the series to a seventh game. This is familiar territory for the Vancouver Canucks, however, as they were in this position last round against Chicago. As you might recall, things didn’t go too well in that Game 6 for Vancouver as they failed to put away the Blackhawks then.
With Nashville getting new life winning on the road after Vancouver found ways to beat them twice at Bridgestone Arena, they’ll have to put things together the right way to get their first home win of the series. While they’ve gotten great play from role players like David Legwand and Joel Ward, they’ll need a little more out of guys like Mike Fisher and Martin Erat though to have a shot at pulling the upset.
Hockey Central’s Bill Patrick asks Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick what each team needs to do if they’re going to come away a winner in Game 6.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)