May 9, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
A crucial Game 6 is on the way tonight in Nashville and for the homestanding Predators they’ll need a win to help extend the series to a seventh game. This is familiar territory for the Vancouver Canucks, however, as they were in this position last round against Chicago. As you might recall, things didn’t go too well in that Game 6 for Vancouver as they failed to put away the Blackhawks then.
With Nashville getting new life winning on the road after Vancouver found ways to beat them twice at Bridgestone Arena, they’ll have to put things together the right way to get their first home win of the series. While they’ve gotten great play from role players like David Legwand and Joel Ward, they’ll need a little more out of guys like Mike Fisher and Martin Erat though to have a shot at pulling the upset.
Hockey Central’s Bill Patrick asks Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick what each team needs to do if they’re going to come away a winner in Game 6.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 4
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 22
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)