May 9, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
A crucial Game 6 is on the way tonight in Nashville and for the homestanding Predators they’ll need a win to help extend the series to a seventh game. This is familiar territory for the Vancouver Canucks, however, as they were in this position last round against Chicago. As you might recall, things didn’t go too well in that Game 6 for Vancouver as they failed to put away the Blackhawks then.
With Nashville getting new life winning on the road after Vancouver found ways to beat them twice at Bridgestone Arena, they’ll have to put things together the right way to get their first home win of the series. While they’ve gotten great play from role players like David Legwand and Joel Ward, they’ll need a little more out of guys like Mike Fisher and Martin Erat though to have a shot at pulling the upset.
Hockey Central’s Bill Patrick asks Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick what each team needs to do if they’re going to come away a winner in Game 6.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 29
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 112
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 80
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (112)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)