May 9, 2011, 10:54 AM EDT
A crucial Game 6 is on the way tonight in Nashville and for the homestanding Predators they’ll need a win to help extend the series to a seventh game. This is familiar territory for the Vancouver Canucks, however, as they were in this position last round against Chicago. As you might recall, things didn’t go too well in that Game 6 for Vancouver as they failed to put away the Blackhawks then.
With Nashville getting new life winning on the road after Vancouver found ways to beat them twice at Bridgestone Arena, they’ll have to put things together the right way to get their first home win of the series. While they’ve gotten great play from role players like David Legwand and Joel Ward, they’ll need a little more out of guys like Mike Fisher and Martin Erat though to have a shot at pulling the upset.
Hockey Central’s Bill Patrick asks Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick what each team needs to do if they’re going to come away a winner in Game 6.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)