May 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Tonight’s lone game in the playoffs takes us to Vancouver where the Canucks will look to finish things off against Nashville in Game 5 of their series. The Predators will be looking to find a way to get their offense going against the stingy Canucks and Roberto Luongo. Luongo’s been outstanding in this series and he’s helped to keep the Predators frustrated.
Meanwhile, the Canucks want to wrap things quickly so they can perhaps get some rest heading into the Western Conference final against either San Jose or Detroit. Ryan Kesler‘s emergence in this series has been huge for Vancouver as he’s scored big goals in the last two wins including an overtime winner in Game 3.
How will things break down? Hockey Central’s Bill Patrick poses that question to Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick.
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 6
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 34
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)