May 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Tonight’s lone game in the playoffs takes us to Vancouver where the Canucks will look to finish things off against Nashville in Game 5 of their series. The Predators will be looking to find a way to get their offense going against the stingy Canucks and Roberto Luongo. Luongo’s been outstanding in this series and he’s helped to keep the Predators frustrated.
Meanwhile, the Canucks want to wrap things quickly so they can perhaps get some rest heading into the Western Conference final against either San Jose or Detroit. Ryan Kesler‘s emergence in this series has been huge for Vancouver as he’s scored big goals in the last two wins including an overtime winner in Game 3.
How will things break down? Hockey Central’s Bill Patrick poses that question to Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick.
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 3
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 11
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)