May 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Tonight’s lone game in the playoffs takes us to Vancouver where the Canucks will look to finish things off against Nashville in Game 5 of their series. The Predators will be looking to find a way to get their offense going against the stingy Canucks and Roberto Luongo. Luongo’s been outstanding in this series and he’s helped to keep the Predators frustrated.
Meanwhile, the Canucks want to wrap things quickly so they can perhaps get some rest heading into the Western Conference final against either San Jose or Detroit. Ryan Kesler‘s emergence in this series has been huge for Vancouver as he’s scored big goals in the last two wins including an overtime winner in Game 3.
How will things break down? Hockey Central’s Bill Patrick poses that question to Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)