May 6, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
If things keep going the way they’ve been, two more series might be complete by the end of Friday. That’s a big change of pace from the four Game 7′s found in the first round, but these playoffs have been as nutty as they’ve been captivating, so you never know.
Let’s take a look at the two Game 4 contests that will dominate tonight’s hockey action. As always, start times are according to Eastern Standard Time (ET).
San Jose @ Detroit (Versus) – 7 p.m.; Sharks lead series 3-0
Both the Red Wings and Sharks are expected to stick with their lineups from Game 3. Some Red Wings fans might be a little upset about that, but honestly, I think most alterations would likely qualify as “change for the sake of change.” After all, it’s not like the Red Wings are getting blow out by the Sharks.
Check out CSN’s game notes for more on this game.
Philadelphia @ Boston – 8 p.m.; Bruins lead series 3-0
While the Red Wings are wise to stand pat despite a 3-0 deficit, the Flyers are equally justified in making a change in net. As we speculated, Sergei Bobrovsky will start Game 4 after Brian Boucher failed to win a single game in this series.
Naturally, there will be many who wonder if the Flyers can turn it around. Tim Panaccio thinks that Philly will play loose with little to lose while Joe Haggerty points out what makes this year’s Bruins team different.
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 16
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 27
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 20
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2