May 6, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
If things keep going the way they’ve been, two more series might be complete by the end of Friday. That’s a big change of pace from the four Game 7’s found in the first round, but these playoffs have been as nutty as they’ve been captivating, so you never know.
Let’s take a look at the two Game 4 contests that will dominate tonight’s hockey action. As always, start times are according to Eastern Standard Time (ET).
San Jose @ Detroit (Versus) – 7 p.m.; Sharks lead series 3-0
Both the Red Wings and Sharks are expected to stick with their lineups from Game 3. Some Red Wings fans might be a little upset about that, but honestly, I think most alterations would likely qualify as “change for the sake of change.” After all, it’s not like the Red Wings are getting blow out by the Sharks.
Check out CSN’s game notes for more on this game.
Philadelphia @ Boston – 8 p.m.; Bruins lead series 3-0
While the Red Wings are wise to stand pat despite a 3-0 deficit, the Flyers are equally justified in making a change in net. As we speculated, Sergei Bobrovsky will start Game 4 after Brian Boucher failed to win a single game in this series.
Naturally, there will be many who wonder if the Flyers can turn it around. Tim Panaccio thinks that Philly will play loose with little to lose while Joe Haggerty points out what makes this year’s Bruins team different.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)