May 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Forbes.com’s Mike Ozanian reports that when it comes to the Phoenix Coyotes sale, Matt Hulsizer might be getting cold feet.
Who can really blame him, though? To extend the romantic metaphor, at this point, Hulsizer is the defeated wife waiting at the dinner table with an ice cold meal in front of her. At some point, the excuses wash away and Hulsizer might look for a better partner.
Ozanian reports that Hulsizer might turn his attention from the convoluted Coyotes situation toward buying the St. Louis Blues.
Honestly, if it was your money, would you rather spend it amid the frustration in Phoenix or opt for a historic franchise in a solid hockey market? (Granted, I’m a bit partial to the blue note logo, so maybe your opinion on the Blues is a little less positive.)
Naturally, it’s important to note that Ozanian is citing anonymous sources, so this is far from “official” information. Yet reports like these show that a decision needs to be made, and soon. It’s an ugly situation and the NHL doesn’t want to deal with a relocation from the City of Glendale, but one way or another, there needs to be a resolution soon.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20