May 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Forbes.com’s Mike Ozanian reports that when it comes to the Phoenix Coyotes sale, Matt Hulsizer might be getting cold feet.
Who can really blame him, though? To extend the romantic metaphor, at this point, Hulsizer is the defeated wife waiting at the dinner table with an ice cold meal in front of her. At some point, the excuses wash away and Hulsizer might look for a better partner.
Ozanian reports that Hulsizer might turn his attention from the convoluted Coyotes situation toward buying the St. Louis Blues.
Honestly, if it was your money, would you rather spend it amid the frustration in Phoenix or opt for a historic franchise in a solid hockey market? (Granted, I’m a bit partial to the blue note logo, so maybe your opinion on the Blues is a little less positive.)
Naturally, it’s important to note that Ozanian is citing anonymous sources, so this is far from “official” information. Yet reports like these show that a decision needs to be made, and soon. It’s an ugly situation and the NHL doesn’t want to deal with a relocation from the City of Glendale, but one way or another, there needs to be a resolution soon.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)