May 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Forbes.com’s Mike Ozanian reports that when it comes to the Phoenix Coyotes sale, Matt Hulsizer might be getting cold feet.
Who can really blame him, though? To extend the romantic metaphor, at this point, Hulsizer is the defeated wife waiting at the dinner table with an ice cold meal in front of her. At some point, the excuses wash away and Hulsizer might look for a better partner.
Ozanian reports that Hulsizer might turn his attention from the convoluted Coyotes situation toward buying the St. Louis Blues.
Honestly, if it was your money, would you rather spend it amid the frustration in Phoenix or opt for a historic franchise in a solid hockey market? (Granted, I’m a bit partial to the blue note logo, so maybe your opinion on the Blues is a little less positive.)
Naturally, it’s important to note that Ozanian is citing anonymous sources, so this is far from “official” information. Yet reports like these show that a decision needs to be made, and soon. It’s an ugly situation and the NHL doesn’t want to deal with a relocation from the City of Glendale, but one way or another, there needs to be a resolution soon.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)