May 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
Forbes.com’s Mike Ozanian reports that when it comes to the Phoenix Coyotes sale, Matt Hulsizer might be getting cold feet.
Who can really blame him, though? To extend the romantic metaphor, at this point, Hulsizer is the defeated wife waiting at the dinner table with an ice cold meal in front of her. At some point, the excuses wash away and Hulsizer might look for a better partner.
Ozanian reports that Hulsizer might turn his attention from the convoluted Coyotes situation toward buying the St. Louis Blues.
Honestly, if it was your money, would you rather spend it amid the frustration in Phoenix or opt for a historic franchise in a solid hockey market? (Granted, I’m a bit partial to the blue note logo, so maybe your opinion on the Blues is a little less positive.)
Naturally, it’s important to note that Ozanian is citing anonymous sources, so this is far from “official” information. Yet reports like these show that a decision needs to be made, and soon. It’s an ugly situation and the NHL doesn’t want to deal with a relocation from the City of Glendale, but one way or another, there needs to be a resolution soon.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 60
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)