May 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
Forbes.com’s Mike Ozanian reports that when it comes to the Phoenix Coyotes sale, Matt Hulsizer might be getting cold feet.
Who can really blame him, though? To extend the romantic metaphor, at this point, Hulsizer is the defeated wife waiting at the dinner table with an ice cold meal in front of her. At some point, the excuses wash away and Hulsizer might look for a better partner.
Ozanian reports that Hulsizer might turn his attention from the convoluted Coyotes situation toward buying the St. Louis Blues.
Honestly, if it was your money, would you rather spend it amid the frustration in Phoenix or opt for a historic franchise in a solid hockey market? (Granted, I’m a bit partial to the blue note logo, so maybe your opinion on the Blues is a little less positive.)
Naturally, it’s important to note that Ozanian is citing anonymous sources, so this is far from “official” information. Yet reports like these show that a decision needs to be made, and soon. It’s an ugly situation and the NHL doesn’t want to deal with a relocation from the City of Glendale, but one way or another, there needs to be a resolution soon.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)