May 5, 2011, 7:40 PM EST
During the highest points of his career, Steve Sullivan was a big fish in a sea of blue collar workers in Nashville. Injuries and increasing age lowered his rank in the Predators’ hierarchy, although to some extent, it’s a wonder that he managed to fight through some of his toughest ailments in the first place.
In a way, it’s almost an informal passing of the torch. The team is hoping for big things out of Wilson, the seventh overall pick of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He was solid during the 2010-11 season, producing 34 points and a +9 rating in 82 games played. Wilson played in last year’s first round series loss against the Chicago Blackhawks, but tonight’s Game 4 will mark his first 2011 playoff appearance.
Cooper reports that Predators coach Barry Trotz said Sullivan might not return during this series because of his lower-body injury. That’s not the big loss it once was, though, considering the fact that Sullivan was averaging less than 10 minutes of ice time per playoff game so far. In fact, it could be a blessing in disguise if Wilson gives Nashville’s offense a much-needed boost.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)