May 5, 2011, 7:40 PM EDT
During the highest points of his career, Steve Sullivan was a big fish in a sea of blue collar workers in Nashville. Injuries and increasing age lowered his rank in the Predators’ hierarchy, although to some extent, it’s a wonder that he managed to fight through some of his toughest ailments in the first place.
In a way, it’s almost an informal passing of the torch. The team is hoping for big things out of Wilson, the seventh overall pick of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. He was solid during the 2010-11 season, producing 34 points and a +9 rating in 82 games played. Wilson played in last year’s first round series loss against the Chicago Blackhawks, but tonight’s Game 4 will mark his first 2011 playoff appearance.
Cooper reports that Predators coach Barry Trotz said Sullivan might not return during this series because of his lower-body injury. That’s not the big loss it once was, though, considering the fact that Sullivan was averaging less than 10 minutes of ice time per playoff game so far. In fact, it could be a blessing in disguise if Wilson gives Nashville’s offense a much-needed boost.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)