May 4, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks made a spirited run from a 3-0 deficit to force a Game 7, but to many, the series will be defined by that Alex Burrows overtime game-winner. Defenseman Chris Campoli was the Blackhawks player who turned the puck over on that play and he wasn’t hesitant to take the blame after the game was over.
Yet as we’ve learned over and over again, Campoli still deserves some admiration. The offensive blueliner was fighting through a knee injury that required surgery on Tuesday, according to CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers.
The recovery process will take about two months, according to team physician Dr. Michael Terry.
It’s never a great sign to undergo knee surgery, but this isn’t a bad time to do it. Barring setbacks, Campoli should have plenty of time to prepare for training camp in September. He’ll be a restricted free agent this summer, so we’ll need to wait and see if he ends up in camp with the Blackhawks or some other team.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 3
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)