May 4, 2011, 4:17 PM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks made a spirited run from a 3-0 deficit to force a Game 7, but to many, the series will be defined by that Alex Burrows overtime game-winner. Defenseman Chris Campoli was the Blackhawks player who turned the puck over on that play and he wasn’t hesitant to take the blame after the game was over.
Yet as we’ve learned over and over again, Campoli still deserves some admiration. The offensive blueliner was fighting through a knee injury that required surgery on Tuesday, according to CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers.
The recovery process will take about two months, according to team physician Dr. Michael Terry.
It’s never a great sign to undergo knee surgery, but this isn’t a bad time to do it. Barring setbacks, Campoli should have plenty of time to prepare for training camp in September. He’ll be a restricted free agent this summer, so we’ll need to wait and see if he ends up in camp with the Blackhawks or some other team.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)