May 4, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks made a spirited run from a 3-0 deficit to force a Game 7, but to many, the series will be defined by that Alex Burrows overtime game-winner. Defenseman Chris Campoli was the Blackhawks player who turned the puck over on that play and he wasn’t hesitant to take the blame after the game was over.
Yet as we’ve learned over and over again, Campoli still deserves some admiration. The offensive blueliner was fighting through a knee injury that required surgery on Tuesday, according to CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers.
The recovery process will take about two months, according to team physician Dr. Michael Terry.
It’s never a great sign to undergo knee surgery, but this isn’t a bad time to do it. Barring setbacks, Campoli should have plenty of time to prepare for training camp in September. He’ll be a restricted free agent this summer, so we’ll need to wait and see if he ends up in camp with the Blackhawks or some other team.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)