May 4, 2011, 4:17 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks made a spirited run from a 3-0 deficit to force a Game 7, but to many, the series will be defined by that Alex Burrows overtime game-winner. Defenseman Chris Campoli was the Blackhawks player who turned the puck over on that play and he wasn’t hesitant to take the blame after the game was over.
Yet as we’ve learned over and over again, Campoli still deserves some admiration. The offensive blueliner was fighting through a knee injury that required surgery on Tuesday, according to CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers.
The recovery process will take about two months, according to team physician Dr. Michael Terry.
It’s never a great sign to undergo knee surgery, but this isn’t a bad time to do it. Barring setbacks, Campoli should have plenty of time to prepare for training camp in September. He’ll be a restricted free agent this summer, so we’ll need to wait and see if he ends up in camp with the Blackhawks or some other team.
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 0
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 16
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 21
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 62
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights