May 3, 2011, 10:47 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals hope to start the process of becoming the third team in NHL history to come back from a 3-0 deficit on Wednesday. There’s a chance they might need to do so without their double-edged sword defenseman Mike Green.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Green missed a big chunk of the the third period tonight because he suffered a lower-body injury. McKenzie said that Green was seen limping to the team bus following their 4-3 loss.
There’s no word yet on the severity of the injury and Green could very well fight through the ailment since it will be an elimination game. He won’t have much time to recover, though, since the teams will play Game 4 tomorrow night.
It seems like Green just can’t get a break lately, as he dealt with concussions, pucks hitting his head, defensive lapses/tough breaks and now this lower-body issue. We’ll let you know if the team shares more information about the status of their often-critiqued All-Star defenseman.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 1
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)