May 3, 2011, 10:47 PM EST
The Washington Capitals hope to start the process of becoming the third team in NHL history to come back from a 3-0 deficit on Wednesday. There’s a chance they might need to do so without their double-edged sword defenseman Mike Green.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Green missed a big chunk of the the third period tonight because he suffered a lower-body injury. McKenzie said that Green was seen limping to the team bus following their 4-3 loss.
There’s no word yet on the severity of the injury and Green could very well fight through the ailment since it will be an elimination game. He won’t have much time to recover, though, since the teams will play Game 4 tomorrow night.
It seems like Green just can’t get a break lately, as he dealt with concussions, pucks hitting his head, defensive lapses/tough breaks and now this lower-body issue. We’ll let you know if the team shares more information about the status of their often-critiqued All-Star defenseman.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)