May 3, 2011, 10:47 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals hope to start the process of becoming the third team in NHL history to come back from a 3-0 deficit on Wednesday. There’s a chance they might need to do so without their double-edged sword defenseman Mike Green.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Green missed a big chunk of the the third period tonight because he suffered a lower-body injury. McKenzie said that Green was seen limping to the team bus following their 4-3 loss.
There’s no word yet on the severity of the injury and Green could very well fight through the ailment since it will be an elimination game. He won’t have much time to recover, though, since the teams will play Game 4 tomorrow night.
It seems like Green just can’t get a break lately, as he dealt with concussions, pucks hitting his head, defensive lapses/tough breaks and now this lower-body issue. We’ll let you know if the team shares more information about the status of their often-critiqued All-Star defenseman.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 9
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 9
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)