May 3, 2011, 10:47 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals hope to start the process of becoming the third team in NHL history to come back from a 3-0 deficit on Wednesday. There’s a chance they might need to do so without their double-edged sword defenseman Mike Green.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Green missed a big chunk of the the third period tonight because he suffered a lower-body injury. McKenzie said that Green was seen limping to the team bus following their 4-3 loss.
There’s no word yet on the severity of the injury and Green could very well fight through the ailment since it will be an elimination game. He won’t have much time to recover, though, since the teams will play Game 4 tomorrow night.
It seems like Green just can’t get a break lately, as he dealt with concussions, pucks hitting his head, defensive lapses/tough breaks and now this lower-body issue. We’ll let you know if the team shares more information about the status of their often-critiqued All-Star defenseman.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)