May 3, 2011, 10:47 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals hope to start the process of becoming the third team in NHL history to come back from a 3-0 deficit on Wednesday. There’s a chance they might need to do so without their double-edged sword defenseman Mike Green.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports that Green missed a big chunk of the the third period tonight because he suffered a lower-body injury. McKenzie said that Green was seen limping to the team bus following their 4-3 loss.
There’s no word yet on the severity of the injury and Green could very well fight through the ailment since it will be an elimination game. He won’t have much time to recover, though, since the teams will play Game 4 tomorrow night.
It seems like Green just can’t get a break lately, as he dealt with concussions, pucks hitting his head, defensive lapses/tough breaks and now this lower-body issue. We’ll let you know if the team shares more information about the status of their often-critiqued All-Star defenseman.
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 5
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 16
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2