May 3, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Say what you will about what’s going on with the Phoenix Coyotes and the City of Glendale but the one thing you can’t argue about is the ability of the City of Glendale to stand by their commitments to the NHL.
There’s not a lot to read out of this development other than Glendale can own up to their pledges of good faith. Of course, asking a city to hand out that much money to keep a team that continues to bleed money can be a bit of a sticking point for taxpayers in the City of Glendale if they were keeping up on all of these developments. I know I’d be concerned about these things if it was happening in my neighborhood, but I don’t so I’ll just take my opinion on this from the outside.
The City of Glendale had to make good on this though because that was all part of the deal, reneging on this deal wouldn’t exactly give the NHL proper motivation to want to help carve them out a deal somehow with Matthew Hulsizer while a potential buyer waits on the sidelines for the green light to cut a check to buy and move the team.
Things are long from over with this situation, but at least this is something that could be construed as good for things in Arizona in its own weird way.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)