May 3, 2011, 2:32 AM EDT
Tonight’s Bruins overtime win in Game 2 over Philadelphia didn’t come without incident. With the Bruins having clawed back into the game with the Flyers late in the first period, defenseman Adam McQuaid was looking to make his presence felt in the Bruins defensive end when he went to clear out Flyers captain Mike Richards away from the net. Unfortunately for McQuaid, Richards moved out of the way and McQuaid went into the boards awkwardly, putting the big defender down on the ice.
McQuaid laid on the ice without moving for sometime after connecting with the boards head first and was helped off the ice by the Bruins trainer and teammates. From there he went from the locker room to a Philadelphia hospital to be checked out there.
McQuaid has been a tough defender for the Bruins in the playoffs and his physical presence is a big one. His ability to body up and knock around opposing forwards is useful and the Bruins’ depth on defense is already hurting with Steve Kampfer out with an injury. While he could be back soon, the outlook isn’t so hot for McQuaid at the moment.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)