May 3, 2011, 2:32 AM EST
Tonight’s Bruins overtime win in Game 2 over Philadelphia didn’t come without incident. With the Bruins having clawed back into the game with the Flyers late in the first period, defenseman Adam McQuaid was looking to make his presence felt in the Bruins defensive end when he went to clear out Flyers captain Mike Richards away from the net. Unfortunately for McQuaid, Richards moved out of the way and McQuaid went into the boards awkwardly, putting the big defender down on the ice.
McQuaid laid on the ice without moving for sometime after connecting with the boards head first and was helped off the ice by the Bruins trainer and teammates. From there he went from the locker room to a Philadelphia hospital to be checked out there.
McQuaid has been a tough defender for the Bruins in the playoffs and his physical presence is a big one. His ability to body up and knock around opposing forwards is useful and the Bruins’ depth on defense is already hurting with Steve Kampfer out with an injury. While he could be back soon, the outlook isn’t so hot for McQuaid at the moment.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11