May 1, 2011, 4:58 PM EST
So far, Tampa Bay Lightning coach Guy Boucher’s scheme seems to be working.
The clever rookie bench boss is playing some interesting mind games in his team’s second round series against the Washington Capitals. Boucher is making a point of praising the Capitals’ talent, calling them a more powerful team and pointing out that a Washington loss would be a “huge failure.”
Sure, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury praised Boucher’s defensive system and the Lightning while discussing Game 1, but there was also a focus on what the Capitals failed to do. In other words, the commentary is falling into Boucher’s hands, as it seems like all of the pressure is on Washington.
Check out this video preview of Game 2 of this series, with analysis from Milbury and McGuire along with reactions from Capitals players.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11