May 1, 2011, 4:58 PM EDT
So far, Tampa Bay Lightning coach Guy Boucher’s scheme seems to be working.
The clever rookie bench boss is playing some interesting mind games in his team’s second round series against the Washington Capitals. Boucher is making a point of praising the Capitals’ talent, calling them a more powerful team and pointing out that a Washington loss would be a “huge failure.”
Sure, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury praised Boucher’s defensive system and the Lightning while discussing Game 1, but there was also a focus on what the Capitals failed to do. In other words, the commentary is falling into Boucher’s hands, as it seems like all of the pressure is on Washington.
Check out this video preview of Game 2 of this series, with analysis from Milbury and McGuire along with reactions from Capitals players.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)