May 1, 2011, 4:58 PM EDT
So far, Tampa Bay Lightning coach Guy Boucher’s scheme seems to be working.
The clever rookie bench boss is playing some interesting mind games in his team’s second round series against the Washington Capitals. Boucher is making a point of praising the Capitals’ talent, calling them a more powerful team and pointing out that a Washington loss would be a “huge failure.”
Sure, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury praised Boucher’s defensive system and the Lightning while discussing Game 1, but there was also a focus on what the Capitals failed to do. In other words, the commentary is falling into Boucher’s hands, as it seems like all of the pressure is on Washington.
Check out this video preview of Game 2 of this series, with analysis from Milbury and McGuire along with reactions from Capitals players.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20