May 1, 2011, 4:58 PM EST
So far, Tampa Bay Lightning coach Guy Boucher’s scheme seems to be working.
The clever rookie bench boss is playing some interesting mind games in his team’s second round series against the Washington Capitals. Boucher is making a point of praising the Capitals’ talent, calling them a more powerful team and pointing out that a Washington loss would be a “huge failure.”
Sure, Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury praised Boucher’s defensive system and the Lightning while discussing Game 1, but there was also a focus on what the Capitals failed to do. In other words, the commentary is falling into Boucher’s hands, as it seems like all of the pressure is on Washington.
Check out this video preview of Game 2 of this series, with analysis from Milbury and McGuire along with reactions from Capitals players.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 3
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 12
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 22
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)