May 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
With a pair of Game 2’s on the way today starting at 3 p.m. ET on NBC with Detroit and San Jose and closing out at 7 p.m. with Tampa Bay and Washington.
Both the Sharks and Lightning will be looking to go up 2-0 in their series and for the Lightning that would be stunning since they’d be taking that lead back home with them whereas the Sharks would be heading to Detroit after protecting home ice. That’s a lot of presumptuous stuff though as there’s still games to be played today.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead at both of today’s games and see what the Wings and Capitals can do to get back in their series lest they fall behind 2-0.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38