May 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
With a pair of Game 2’s on the way today starting at 3 p.m. ET on NBC with Detroit and San Jose and closing out at 7 p.m. with Tampa Bay and Washington.
Both the Sharks and Lightning will be looking to go up 2-0 in their series and for the Lightning that would be stunning since they’d be taking that lead back home with them whereas the Sharks would be heading to Detroit after protecting home ice. That’s a lot of presumptuous stuff though as there’s still games to be played today.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead at both of today’s games and see what the Wings and Capitals can do to get back in their series lest they fall behind 2-0.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)