May 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
With a pair of Game 2’s on the way today starting at 3 p.m. ET on NBC with Detroit and San Jose and closing out at 7 p.m. with Tampa Bay and Washington.
Both the Sharks and Lightning will be looking to go up 2-0 in their series and for the Lightning that would be stunning since they’d be taking that lead back home with them whereas the Sharks would be heading to Detroit after protecting home ice. That’s a lot of presumptuous stuff though as there’s still games to be played today.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead at both of today’s games and see what the Wings and Capitals can do to get back in their series lest they fall behind 2-0.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)