May 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
With a pair of Game 2′s on the way today starting at 3 p.m. ET on NBC with Detroit and San Jose and closing out at 7 p.m. with Tampa Bay and Washington.
Both the Sharks and Lightning will be looking to go up 2-0 in their series and for the Lightning that would be stunning since they’d be taking that lead back home with them whereas the Sharks would be heading to Detroit after protecting home ice. That’s a lot of presumptuous stuff though as there’s still games to be played today.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead at both of today’s games and see what the Wings and Capitals can do to get back in their series lest they fall behind 2-0.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)