May 1, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
With a pair of Game 2′s on the way today starting at 3 p.m. ET on NBC with Detroit and San Jose and closing out at 7 p.m. with Tampa Bay and Washington.
Both the Sharks and Lightning will be looking to go up 2-0 in their series and for the Lightning that would be stunning since they’d be taking that lead back home with them whereas the Sharks would be heading to Detroit after protecting home ice. That’s a lot of presumptuous stuff though as there’s still games to be played today.
Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead at both of today’s games and see what the Wings and Capitals can do to get back in their series lest they fall behind 2-0.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)