May 1, 2011, 2:55 PM EST
Coming up at 3 p.m. ET on NBC it’s Game 2 between San Jose and Detroit from the HP Pavillion in San Jose. San Jose hopes to defend home ice and take a 2-0 lead in the series heading to Game 3 while the Red Wings hope to get a win today and head home for the next two games with some momentum.
Making things difficult for Detroit in that task will be Antti Niemi who hopes to show the Red Wings why he was able to help Chicago win the Stanley Cup last season. Meanwhile, the Wings look for Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg to assert themselves and show why they’re two of the best players in the NHL.
To see how things turn out, you can join us to watch Game 2 online with NHL Extra. There we’ll be providing our own snarky analysis of the game as well as answering your questions on what’s going on around the playoffs. We’ll be kicking off our part of the live chat right at 3 p.m. ET.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)