May 1, 2011, 2:55 PM EDT
Coming up at 3 p.m. ET on NBC it’s Game 2 between San Jose and Detroit from the HP Pavillion in San Jose. San Jose hopes to defend home ice and take a 2-0 lead in the series heading to Game 3 while the Red Wings hope to get a win today and head home for the next two games with some momentum.
Making things difficult for Detroit in that task will be Antti Niemi who hopes to show the Red Wings why he was able to help Chicago win the Stanley Cup last season. Meanwhile, the Wings look for Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg to assert themselves and show why they’re two of the best players in the NHL.
To see how things turn out, you can join us to watch Game 2 online with NHL Extra. There we’ll be providing our own snarky analysis of the game as well as answering your questions on what’s going on around the playoffs. We’ll be kicking off our part of the live chat right at 3 p.m. ET.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)