Apr 30, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
The Bruins headed into today’s Game 1 against the Flyers looking to get a jolt from their main line featuring David Krejci, Nathan Horton, and Milan Lucic. They got just that out of two-thirds of those players as Krejci and Horton helped the Bruins explode for a 7-3 win in Philadelphia over the Flyers to take a 1-0 series lead.
For Krejci it was a huge game scoring two goals and assisting on two others. For Horton, a goal and an assist is nothing to sneeze at either. While the memories of last year’s epic collapse against the Flyers in the playoffs may linger for some guys, Horton wasn’t a Bruin last season and Krejci was knocked out of that series early thanks to a hit from Mike Richards. Payback was Krejci’s today at the very least.
After the game, NBC’s Pierre McGuire spoke with both Krejci and Horton to get their take on how things went in Game 1.
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 8
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 9
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 18
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 48
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 40
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)