Apr 30, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
The Bruins headed into today’s Game 1 against the Flyers looking to get a jolt from their main line featuring David Krejci, Nathan Horton, and Milan Lucic. They got just that out of two-thirds of those players as Krejci and Horton helped the Bruins explode for a 7-3 win in Philadelphia over the Flyers to take a 1-0 series lead.
For Krejci it was a huge game scoring two goals and assisting on two others. For Horton, a goal and an assist is nothing to sneeze at either. While the memories of last year’s epic collapse against the Flyers in the playoffs may linger for some guys, Horton wasn’t a Bruin last season and Krejci was knocked out of that series early thanks to a hit from Mike Richards. Payback was Krejci’s today at the very least.
After the game, NBC’s Pierre McGuire spoke with both Krejci and Horton to get their take on how things went in Game 1.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)