Apr 30, 2011, 7:11 PM EST
The Bruins headed into today’s Game 1 against the Flyers looking to get a jolt from their main line featuring David Krejci, Nathan Horton, and Milan Lucic. They got just that out of two-thirds of those players as Krejci and Horton helped the Bruins explode for a 7-3 win in Philadelphia over the Flyers to take a 1-0 series lead.
For Krejci it was a huge game scoring two goals and assisting on two others. For Horton, a goal and an assist is nothing to sneeze at either. While the memories of last year’s epic collapse against the Flyers in the playoffs may linger for some guys, Horton wasn’t a Bruin last season and Krejci was knocked out of that series early thanks to a hit from Mike Richards. Payback was Krejci’s today at the very least.
After the game, NBC’s Pierre McGuire spoke with both Krejci and Horton to get their take on how things went in Game 1.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)