Apr 30, 2011, 7:11 PM EST
The Bruins headed into today’s Game 1 against the Flyers looking to get a jolt from their main line featuring David Krejci, Nathan Horton, and Milan Lucic. They got just that out of two-thirds of those players as Krejci and Horton helped the Bruins explode for a 7-3 win in Philadelphia over the Flyers to take a 1-0 series lead.
For Krejci it was a huge game scoring two goals and assisting on two others. For Horton, a goal and an assist is nothing to sneeze at either. While the memories of last year’s epic collapse against the Flyers in the playoffs may linger for some guys, Horton wasn’t a Bruin last season and Krejci was knocked out of that series early thanks to a hit from Mike Richards. Payback was Krejci’s today at the very least.
After the game, NBC’s Pierre McGuire spoke with both Krejci and Horton to get their take on how things went in Game 1.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 0
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)