Apr 30, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
The Bruins headed into today’s Game 1 against the Flyers looking to get a jolt from their main line featuring David Krejci, Nathan Horton, and Milan Lucic. They got just that out of two-thirds of those players as Krejci and Horton helped the Bruins explode for a 7-3 win in Philadelphia over the Flyers to take a 1-0 series lead.
For Krejci it was a huge game scoring two goals and assisting on two others. For Horton, a goal and an assist is nothing to sneeze at either. While the memories of last year’s epic collapse against the Flyers in the playoffs may linger for some guys, Horton wasn’t a Bruin last season and Krejci was knocked out of that series early thanks to a hit from Mike Richards. Payback was Krejci’s today at the very least.
After the game, NBC’s Pierre McGuire spoke with both Krejci and Horton to get their take on how things went in Game 1.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5