Apr 30, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Last night in San Jose, Game 1 of the Sharks’ series with the Detroit Red Wings was a classic just as we figured it might be. The game saw the Wings get out first with a goal from Nicklas Lidstrom only to see the Sharks tie it up in the third period thanks the Sharks most clutch guy around, Joe Pavelski.
With the game in overtime, it’d be an unlikely hero in San Jose’s Benn Ferriero who celebrated his birthday by scoring the game-winning goal. With Game 2 coming up tomorrow on NBC at 3 p.m. ET, the Red Wings will need a big game out of Pavel Datsyuk to help send the Wings back to Detroit tied at 1-1.
Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire break things down and analyze how they see things going in Game 2.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)