Apr 30, 2011, 5:31 PM EST
Last night in San Jose, Game 1 of the Sharks’ series with the Detroit Red Wings was a classic just as we figured it might be. The game saw the Wings get out first with a goal from Nicklas Lidstrom only to see the Sharks tie it up in the third period thanks the Sharks most clutch guy around, Joe Pavelski.
With the game in overtime, it’d be an unlikely hero in San Jose’s Benn Ferriero who celebrated his birthday by scoring the game-winning goal. With Game 2 coming up tomorrow on NBC at 3 p.m. ET, the Red Wings will need a big game out of Pavel Datsyuk to help send the Wings back to Detroit tied at 1-1.
Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire break things down and analyze how they see things going in Game 2.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)