Apr 30, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Last night in San Jose, Game 1 of the Sharks’ series with the Detroit Red Wings was a classic just as we figured it might be. The game saw the Wings get out first with a goal from Nicklas Lidstrom only to see the Sharks tie it up in the third period thanks the Sharks most clutch guy around, Joe Pavelski.
With the game in overtime, it’d be an unlikely hero in San Jose’s Benn Ferriero who celebrated his birthday by scoring the game-winning goal. With Game 2 coming up tomorrow on NBC at 3 p.m. ET, the Red Wings will need a big game out of Pavel Datsyuk to help send the Wings back to Detroit tied at 1-1.
Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire break things down and analyze how they see things going in Game 2.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)