Apr 30, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Last night in San Jose, Game 1 of the Sharks’ series with the Detroit Red Wings was a classic just as we figured it might be. The game saw the Wings get out first with a goal from Nicklas Lidstrom only to see the Sharks tie it up in the third period thanks the Sharks most clutch guy around, Joe Pavelski.
With the game in overtime, it’d be an unlikely hero in San Jose’s Benn Ferriero who celebrated his birthday by scoring the game-winning goal. With Game 2 coming up tomorrow on NBC at 3 p.m. ET, the Red Wings will need a big game out of Pavel Datsyuk to help send the Wings back to Detroit tied at 1-1.
Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire break things down and analyze how they see things going in Game 2.
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 4
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 46
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 14
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)