Apr 30, 2011, 5:31 PM EDT
Last night in San Jose, Game 1 of the Sharks’ series with the Detroit Red Wings was a classic just as we figured it might be. The game saw the Wings get out first with a goal from Nicklas Lidstrom only to see the Sharks tie it up in the third period thanks the Sharks most clutch guy around, Joe Pavelski.
With the game in overtime, it’d be an unlikely hero in San Jose’s Benn Ferriero who celebrated his birthday by scoring the game-winning goal. With Game 2 coming up tomorrow on NBC at 3 p.m. ET, the Red Wings will need a big game out of Pavel Datsyuk to help send the Wings back to Detroit tied at 1-1.
Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire break things down and analyze how they see things going in Game 2.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 2
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)