Apr 30, 2011, 2:55 PM EDT
At 3 p.m. ET the Bruins and Flyers renew their rivalry as the Bruins look to avenge last year’s incredible collapse in the playoffs. Both teams head into this game with questionable power plays and tough defense. With the Flyers having Chris Pronger back in the fold and Boston with Zdeno Chara out there looking to slow down the Flyers offense, most notably Daniel Briere.
With Tim Thomas in goal for Boston they’ve got a guy that can stonewall just about anyone while the Flyers will go with Brian Boucher out of their three-headed goaltending monster. It might not sound ideal, but it’s working all right for the Flyers so far.
Want to see all the action and get our take on things all at once? Of course you do. That’s why you can join us for NHL Extra at 3 p.m. ET here as we’ll be providing our own commentary on the game’s action as well as answering your questions about what’s going on around the NHL. We’ll be starting up right at 3 p.m. so be sure to join us to watch the game online if you can’t get in front of a TV set.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63