Apr 30, 2011, 2:55 PM EDT
At 3 p.m. ET the Bruins and Flyers renew their rivalry as the Bruins look to avenge last year’s incredible collapse in the playoffs. Both teams head into this game with questionable power plays and tough defense. With the Flyers having Chris Pronger back in the fold and Boston with Zdeno Chara out there looking to slow down the Flyers offense, most notably Daniel Briere.
With Tim Thomas in goal for Boston they’ve got a guy that can stonewall just about anyone while the Flyers will go with Brian Boucher out of their three-headed goaltending monster. It might not sound ideal, but it’s working all right for the Flyers so far.
Want to see all the action and get our take on things all at once? Of course you do. That’s why you can join us for NHL Extra at 3 p.m. ET here as we’ll be providing our own commentary on the game’s action as well as answering your questions about what’s going on around the NHL. We’ll be starting up right at 3 p.m. so be sure to join us to watch the game online if you can’t get in front of a TV set.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 20
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 5
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 9
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 14
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)