Apr 30, 2011, 2:55 PM EDT
At 3 p.m. ET the Bruins and Flyers renew their rivalry as the Bruins look to avenge last year’s incredible collapse in the playoffs. Both teams head into this game with questionable power plays and tough defense. With the Flyers having Chris Pronger back in the fold and Boston with Zdeno Chara out there looking to slow down the Flyers offense, most notably Daniel Briere.
With Tim Thomas in goal for Boston they’ve got a guy that can stonewall just about anyone while the Flyers will go with Brian Boucher out of their three-headed goaltending monster. It might not sound ideal, but it’s working all right for the Flyers so far.
Want to see all the action and get our take on things all at once? Of course you do. That’s why you can join us for NHL Extra at 3 p.m. ET here as we’ll be providing our own commentary on the game’s action as well as answering your questions about what’s going on around the NHL. We’ll be starting up right at 3 p.m. so be sure to join us to watch the game online if you can’t get in front of a TV set.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5