Apr 30, 2011, 2:55 PM EST
At 3 p.m. ET the Bruins and Flyers renew their rivalry as the Bruins look to avenge last year’s incredible collapse in the playoffs. Both teams head into this game with questionable power plays and tough defense. With the Flyers having Chris Pronger back in the fold and Boston with Zdeno Chara out there looking to slow down the Flyers offense, most notably Daniel Briere.
With Tim Thomas in goal for Boston they’ve got a guy that can stonewall just about anyone while the Flyers will go with Brian Boucher out of their three-headed goaltending monster. It might not sound ideal, but it’s working all right for the Flyers so far.
Want to see all the action and get our take on things all at once? Of course you do. That’s why you can join us for NHL Extra at 3 p.m. ET here as we’ll be providing our own commentary on the game’s action as well as answering your questions about what’s going on around the NHL. We’ll be starting up right at 3 p.m. so be sure to join us to watch the game online if you can’t get in front of a TV set.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 29
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)