Apr 29, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
With Game 1 between Washington and Tampa Bay dropping the puck tonight at 7 p.m. ET on Versus, we’ll get to see if the long layoff between games will have a positive or a negative effect on the Capitals. We’ll also get to see one of this year’s MVP candidates in Martin St. Louis go against three-time MVP Alex Ovechkin.
Where things in this series might get more interesting is in goal as you’ve got a battle between rookie Michal Neuvirth for Washington and 13-year veteran Dwayne Roloson. Roloson’s done awfully well against the Capitals this year going 2-2-1 with a 1.38 goals against average and a .958 save percentage with two shutouts.
Will those numbers carry over into the postseason though? We’ll find out starting tonight and Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead to this Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 9
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 11
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 9
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 29
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)