Apr 29, 2011, 11:33 AM EST
With Game 1 between Washington and Tampa Bay dropping the puck tonight at 7 p.m. ET on Versus, we’ll get to see if the long layoff between games will have a positive or a negative effect on the Capitals. We’ll also get to see one of this year’s MVP candidates in Martin St. Louis go against three-time MVP Alex Ovechkin.
Where things in this series might get more interesting is in goal as you’ve got a battle between rookie Michal Neuvirth for Washington and 13-year veteran Dwayne Roloson. Roloson’s done awfully well against the Capitals this year going 2-2-1 with a 1.38 goals against average and a .958 save percentage with two shutouts.
Will those numbers carry over into the postseason though? We’ll find out starting tonight and Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead to this Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 4
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 9
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 24
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11