Apr 29, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
With Game 1 between Washington and Tampa Bay dropping the puck tonight at 7 p.m. ET on Versus, we’ll get to see if the long layoff between games will have a positive or a negative effect on the Capitals. We’ll also get to see one of this year’s MVP candidates in Martin St. Louis go against three-time MVP Alex Ovechkin.
Where things in this series might get more interesting is in goal as you’ve got a battle between rookie Michal Neuvirth for Washington and 13-year veteran Dwayne Roloson. Roloson’s done awfully well against the Capitals this year going 2-2-1 with a 1.38 goals against average and a .958 save percentage with two shutouts.
Will those numbers carry over into the postseason though? We’ll find out starting tonight and Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead to this Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)