Apr 29, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
With Game 1 between Washington and Tampa Bay dropping the puck tonight at 7 p.m. ET on Versus, we’ll get to see if the long layoff between games will have a positive or a negative effect on the Capitals. We’ll also get to see one of this year’s MVP candidates in Martin St. Louis go against three-time MVP Alex Ovechkin.
Where things in this series might get more interesting is in goal as you’ve got a battle between rookie Michal Neuvirth for Washington and 13-year veteran Dwayne Roloson. Roloson’s done awfully well against the Capitals this year going 2-2-1 with a 1.38 goals against average and a .958 save percentage with two shutouts.
Will those numbers carry over into the postseason though? We’ll find out starting tonight and Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Jeremy Roenick take a look ahead to this Eastern Conference semifinal series.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)