Apr 28, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
During the playoffs, NHL teams are almost comically cryptic when describing injuries. In most cases, you’re lucky to get a read on which half of a players body has been harmed.
That’s one of the strange things about the days after a round is completed: teams and players start to admit what was actually wrong. Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller told media members that concussion issues forced him to miss most of the 2010-11 season’s final four games.
It only makes sense that Miller was dealing with a serious injury considering the fact that he missed some absolutely huge games for the Sabres. Buffalo was fighting for playoff survival toward the end of the season, but backup Jhonas Enroth was good enough to help them lock up the seventh seed.
Miller told reporters that he suffered from those issues because of four shots that hit him in the head during a one-week span, with slap shots from Brian Rolston and Dion Phaneuf doing the greatest amount of damage.
He had an up-and-down series against the Flyers, earning two shutouts but also allowing nine goals in the last two games.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)