Apr 28, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
During the playoffs, NHL teams are almost comically cryptic when describing injuries. In most cases, you’re lucky to get a read on which half of a players body has been harmed.
That’s one of the strange things about the days after a round is completed: teams and players start to admit what was actually wrong. Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller told media members that concussion issues forced him to miss most of the 2010-11 season’s final four games.
It only makes sense that Miller was dealing with a serious injury considering the fact that he missed some absolutely huge games for the Sabres. Buffalo was fighting for playoff survival toward the end of the season, but backup Jhonas Enroth was good enough to help them lock up the seventh seed.
Miller told reporters that he suffered from those issues because of four shots that hit him in the head during a one-week span, with slap shots from Brian Rolston and Dion Phaneuf doing the greatest amount of damage.
He had an up-and-down series against the Flyers, earning two shutouts but also allowing nine goals in the last two games.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)