Apr 28, 2011, 2:05 PM EST
During the playoffs, NHL teams are almost comically cryptic when describing injuries. In most cases, you’re lucky to get a read on which half of a players body has been harmed.
That’s one of the strange things about the days after a round is completed: teams and players start to admit what was actually wrong. Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller told media members that concussion issues forced him to miss most of the 2010-11 season’s final four games.
It only makes sense that Miller was dealing with a serious injury considering the fact that he missed some absolutely huge games for the Sabres. Buffalo was fighting for playoff survival toward the end of the season, but backup Jhonas Enroth was good enough to help them lock up the seventh seed.
Miller told reporters that he suffered from those issues because of four shots that hit him in the head during a one-week span, with slap shots from Brian Rolston and Dion Phaneuf doing the greatest amount of damage.
He had an up-and-down series against the Flyers, earning two shutouts but also allowing nine goals in the last two games.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)