Apr 28, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
During the playoffs, NHL teams are almost comically cryptic when describing injuries. In most cases, you’re lucky to get a read on which half of a players body has been harmed.
That’s one of the strange things about the days after a round is completed: teams and players start to admit what was actually wrong. Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller told media members that concussion issues forced him to miss most of the 2010-11 season’s final four games.
It only makes sense that Miller was dealing with a serious injury considering the fact that he missed some absolutely huge games for the Sabres. Buffalo was fighting for playoff survival toward the end of the season, but backup Jhonas Enroth was good enough to help them lock up the seventh seed.
Miller told reporters that he suffered from those issues because of four shots that hit him in the head during a one-week span, with slap shots from Brian Rolston and Dion Phaneuf doing the greatest amount of damage.
He had an up-and-down series against the Flyers, earning two shutouts but also allowing nine goals in the last two games.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)