Apr 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
Tonight’s one of those special nights in a hockey fan’s life. The night where both games that go down are series-enders and all the chips are on the table to see who moves on to the next round. Ah yes, Game 7 and with the Penguins and Lightning as well as the Bruins and Canadiens all set to do or die tonight, we can only hope we’ll get the same kind of drama from those teams that we got out of Vancouver and Chicago last night.
The Bruins will be hoping to defend home ice one more time against the Canadiens but as we’ve seen through the playoffs, doing that is easier said than done. After these teams traded off beating each other on opposing ice, they’ve protected their house in the previous two games. It sets the table for a wild night in Boston.
Pittsburgh is hoping to find a way to send the Lightning packing but after dropping their last two games and looking tired in doing so, perhaps confidence is a bit low. Tampa Bay is looking to make the second round of the playoffs and a date with either Philadelphia or Washington. If the Lightning keep bringing it like they have in their last two games, it could get ugly in Pittsburgh.
How do Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Mike Keenan see things? They break down both games for us.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54