Apr 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
Tonight’s one of those special nights in a hockey fan’s life. The night where both games that go down are series-enders and all the chips are on the table to see who moves on to the next round. Ah yes, Game 7 and with the Penguins and Lightning as well as the Bruins and Canadiens all set to do or die tonight, we can only hope we’ll get the same kind of drama from those teams that we got out of Vancouver and Chicago last night.
The Bruins will be hoping to defend home ice one more time against the Canadiens but as we’ve seen through the playoffs, doing that is easier said than done. After these teams traded off beating each other on opposing ice, they’ve protected their house in the previous two games. It sets the table for a wild night in Boston.
Pittsburgh is hoping to find a way to send the Lightning packing but after dropping their last two games and looking tired in doing so, perhaps confidence is a bit low. Tampa Bay is looking to make the second round of the playoffs and a date with either Philadelphia or Washington. If the Lightning keep bringing it like they have in their last two games, it could get ugly in Pittsburgh.
How do Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Mike Keenan see things? They break down both games for us.
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 21
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 32
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 23
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 25
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2