Apr 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
Tonight’s one of those special nights in a hockey fan’s life. The night where both games that go down are series-enders and all the chips are on the table to see who moves on to the next round. Ah yes, Game 7 and with the Penguins and Lightning as well as the Bruins and Canadiens all set to do or die tonight, we can only hope we’ll get the same kind of drama from those teams that we got out of Vancouver and Chicago last night.
The Bruins will be hoping to defend home ice one more time against the Canadiens but as we’ve seen through the playoffs, doing that is easier said than done. After these teams traded off beating each other on opposing ice, they’ve protected their house in the previous two games. It sets the table for a wild night in Boston.
Pittsburgh is hoping to find a way to send the Lightning packing but after dropping their last two games and looking tired in doing so, perhaps confidence is a bit low. Tampa Bay is looking to make the second round of the playoffs and a date with either Philadelphia or Washington. If the Lightning keep bringing it like they have in their last two games, it could get ugly in Pittsburgh.
How do Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Mike Keenan see things? They break down both games for us.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 16
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)