Apr 27, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Tonight’s one of those special nights in a hockey fan’s life. The night where both games that go down are series-enders and all the chips are on the table to see who moves on to the next round. Ah yes, Game 7 and with the Penguins and Lightning as well as the Bruins and Canadiens all set to do or die tonight, we can only hope we’ll get the same kind of drama from those teams that we got out of Vancouver and Chicago last night.
The Bruins will be hoping to defend home ice one more time against the Canadiens but as we’ve seen through the playoffs, doing that is easier said than done. After these teams traded off beating each other on opposing ice, they’ve protected their house in the previous two games. It sets the table for a wild night in Boston.
Pittsburgh is hoping to find a way to send the Lightning packing but after dropping their last two games and looking tired in doing so, perhaps confidence is a bit low. Tampa Bay is looking to make the second round of the playoffs and a date with either Philadelphia or Washington. If the Lightning keep bringing it like they have in their last two games, it could get ugly in Pittsburgh.
How do Hockey Central’s Keith Jones and Mike Keenan see things? They break down both games for us.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)