Apr 26, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
David Desharnais isn’t a big player for the Montreal Canadiens, in more than one sense. (The Habs center is listed at 5-foot-7.)
That being said, he produced pretty nicely during the regular season with 22 points in 43 games this season and scored one point in the first five games against the Boston Bruins, so missing him for Game 6 is relevant. That appears to be the case for the Canadiens, as Desharnais has been ruled out of the game with a sprained knee.
If Montreal’s going to force Game 7, they’ll need to do it with their diminutive fourth-line center.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5