Apr 24, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
Things looked pretty dire for Brent Seabrook and the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3. The physical defenseman looked wobbly after two Raffi Torres hits while the ‘Hawks looked worse after going down 3-0 in the series.
Yet the anger caused by that hit and the desperation of being on the brink of elimination motivated the Blackhawks to absolutely dominate the Vancouver Canucks in Game 4 and 5 in his absence. Who knows if Seabrook really is ready to come back from whatever is ailing him, but CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers reports that he will play in Game 6 tonight.
Seabrook earned a career-high 48 points this season, appearing in all 82 games while averaging more than 24 minutes per game. If he’s healthy enough to be himself, he’ll obviously be an asset for the team. We’ll have to wait and see if this risk ends up being worth it in a game that could eliminate the Blackhawks or send the series to a deciding Game 7.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 2
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)