Apr 24, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
Things looked pretty dire for Brent Seabrook and the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3. The physical defenseman looked wobbly after two Raffi Torres hits while the ‘Hawks looked worse after going down 3-0 in the series.
Yet the anger caused by that hit and the desperation of being on the brink of elimination motivated the Blackhawks to absolutely dominate the Vancouver Canucks in Game 4 and 5 in his absence. Who knows if Seabrook really is ready to come back from whatever is ailing him, but CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers reports that he will play in Game 6 tonight.
Seabrook earned a career-high 48 points this season, appearing in all 82 games while averaging more than 24 minutes per game. If he’s healthy enough to be himself, he’ll obviously be an asset for the team. We’ll have to wait and see if this risk ends up being worth it in a game that could eliminate the Blackhawks or send the series to a deciding Game 7.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 3
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 17
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)