Apr 24, 2011, 12:29 PM EST
Things looked pretty dire for Brent Seabrook and the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3. The physical defenseman looked wobbly after two Raffi Torres hits while the ‘Hawks looked worse after going down 3-0 in the series.
Yet the anger caused by that hit and the desperation of being on the brink of elimination motivated the Blackhawks to absolutely dominate the Vancouver Canucks in Game 4 and 5 in his absence. Who knows if Seabrook really is ready to come back from whatever is ailing him, but CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers reports that he will play in Game 6 tonight.
Seabrook earned a career-high 48 points this season, appearing in all 82 games while averaging more than 24 minutes per game. If he’s healthy enough to be himself, he’ll obviously be an asset for the team. We’ll have to wait and see if this risk ends up being worth it in a game that could eliminate the Blackhawks or send the series to a deciding Game 7.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)