Apr 24, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
Things looked pretty dire for Brent Seabrook and the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3. The physical defenseman looked wobbly after two Raffi Torres hits while the ‘Hawks looked worse after going down 3-0 in the series.
Yet the anger caused by that hit and the desperation of being on the brink of elimination motivated the Blackhawks to absolutely dominate the Vancouver Canucks in Game 4 and 5 in his absence. Who knows if Seabrook really is ready to come back from whatever is ailing him, but CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers reports that he will play in Game 6 tonight.
Seabrook earned a career-high 48 points this season, appearing in all 82 games while averaging more than 24 minutes per game. If he’s healthy enough to be himself, he’ll obviously be an asset for the team. We’ll have to wait and see if this risk ends up being worth it in a game that could eliminate the Blackhawks or send the series to a deciding Game 7.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5