Apr 24, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
Things looked pretty dire for Brent Seabrook and the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3. The physical defenseman looked wobbly after two Raffi Torres hits while the ‘Hawks looked worse after going down 3-0 in the series.
Yet the anger caused by that hit and the desperation of being on the brink of elimination motivated the Blackhawks to absolutely dominate the Vancouver Canucks in Game 4 and 5 in his absence. Who knows if Seabrook really is ready to come back from whatever is ailing him, but CSN Chicago’s Tracey Myers reports that he will play in Game 6 tonight.
Seabrook earned a career-high 48 points this season, appearing in all 82 games while averaging more than 24 minutes per game. If he’s healthy enough to be himself, he’ll obviously be an asset for the team. We’ll have to wait and see if this risk ends up being worth it in a game that could eliminate the Blackhawks or send the series to a deciding Game 7.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 23
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3