Apr 23, 2011, 8:23 PM EDT
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner. Want to see all the goals? This post has all four plus Net Cam highlights.)
One of the stories of the Capitals-Rangers series was that Washington’s stars showed up while the Rangers’ biggest gun Marian Gaborik didn’t.
Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Semin and Mike Green played so well that sportswriters might need to find new playoff whipping boys. You can see some of their work (along with other Capitals moments) in the first Star Cam video.
The Rangers will probably want to improve the group of guys who will appear in these videos next season, as their lack of punch was probably the No. 1 reason they lost to Washington in this series. Their Star Cam footage can be found in the second clip.
Capitals Star Cam:
Rangers Star Cam:
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)