Apr 23, 2011, 8:23 PM EDT
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner. Want to see all the goals? This post has all four plus Net Cam highlights.)
One of the stories of the Capitals-Rangers series was that Washington’s stars showed up while the Rangers’ biggest gun Marian Gaborik didn’t.
Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Semin and Mike Green played so well that sportswriters might need to find new playoff whipping boys. You can see some of their work (along with other Capitals moments) in the first Star Cam video.
The Rangers will probably want to improve the group of guys who will appear in these videos next season, as their lack of punch was probably the No. 1 reason they lost to Washington in this series. Their Star Cam footage can be found in the second clip.
Capitals Star Cam:
Rangers Star Cam:
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18