Apr 23, 2011, 8:23 PM EDT
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner. Want to see all the goals? This post has all four plus Net Cam highlights.)
One of the stories of the Capitals-Rangers series was that Washington’s stars showed up while the Rangers’ biggest gun Marian Gaborik didn’t.
Alex Ovechkin, Alexander Semin and Mike Green played so well that sportswriters might need to find new playoff whipping boys. You can see some of their work (along with other Capitals moments) in the first Star Cam video.
The Rangers will probably want to improve the group of guys who will appear in these videos next season, as their lack of punch was probably the No. 1 reason they lost to Washington in this series. Their Star Cam footage can be found in the second clip.
Capitals Star Cam:
Rangers Star Cam:
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 12
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 13
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 11
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)