Apr 23, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
Most hockey fans (especially hardcore ones) knew that the Buffalo Sabres-Philadelphia Flyers series had the potential to be highly competitive. Yes, on paper, it’s a second vs. seventh seed matchup, but the Sabres have an all-world goalie and are just one season removed from winning the Northeast Division. In other words, these are two evenly matched teams.
The Flyers have a few excuses to lean on, but the bottom line is that you never know how many chances you’ll have to make a legitimate run at the Stanley Cup. This is one of those opportunities, considering their still-deep well of talent and second spot in the conference.
Liam McHugh, Pierre McGuire, and Mike Milbury discuss tomorrow’s Game 6 match (at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC, by the way) in the video below, touching on subjects that include the Flyers’ much criticized goaltending.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)