Apr 23, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
Most hockey fans (especially hardcore ones) knew that the Buffalo Sabres-Philadelphia Flyers series had the potential to be highly competitive. Yes, on paper, it’s a second vs. seventh seed matchup, but the Sabres have an all-world goalie and are just one season removed from winning the Northeast Division. In other words, these are two evenly matched teams.
The Flyers have a few excuses to lean on, but the bottom line is that you never know how many chances you’ll have to make a legitimate run at the Stanley Cup. This is one of those opportunities, considering their still-deep well of talent and second spot in the conference.
Liam McHugh, Pierre McGuire, and Mike Milbury discuss tomorrow’s Game 6 match (at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC, by the way) in the video below, touching on subjects that include the Flyers’ much criticized goaltending.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 11
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 36
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 32
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21