Apr 23, 2011, 5:27 PM EST
Most hockey fans (especially hardcore ones) knew that the Buffalo Sabres-Philadelphia Flyers series had the potential to be highly competitive. Yes, on paper, it’s a second vs. seventh seed matchup, but the Sabres have an all-world goalie and are just one season removed from winning the Northeast Division. In other words, these are two evenly matched teams.
The Flyers have a few excuses to lean on, but the bottom line is that you never know how many chances you’ll have to make a legitimate run at the Stanley Cup. This is one of those opportunities, considering their still-deep well of talent and second spot in the conference.
Liam McHugh, Pierre McGuire, and Mike Milbury discuss tomorrow’s Game 6 match (at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC, by the way) in the video below, touching on subjects that include the Flyers’ much criticized goaltending.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 39
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)