Apr 23, 2011, 5:27 PM EDT
Most hockey fans (especially hardcore ones) knew that the Buffalo Sabres-Philadelphia Flyers series had the potential to be highly competitive. Yes, on paper, it’s a second vs. seventh seed matchup, but the Sabres have an all-world goalie and are just one season removed from winning the Northeast Division. In other words, these are two evenly matched teams.
The Flyers have a few excuses to lean on, but the bottom line is that you never know how many chances you’ll have to make a legitimate run at the Stanley Cup. This is one of those opportunities, considering their still-deep well of talent and second spot in the conference.
Liam McHugh, Pierre McGuire, and Mike Milbury discuss tomorrow’s Game 6 match (at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC, by the way) in the video below, touching on subjects that include the Flyers’ much criticized goaltending.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)