Apr 23, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner.)
If you want a quick-and-dirty explanation of Game 5, here it is: the Capitals carried the Game 4 comeback momentum into this contest while the Rangers seemed detached because of their loss.
That momentum can’t explain it all away, though, as Washington was ultimately too much for New York to handle. Mike Green, Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin scored for the Capitals while Wojtek Woslki spoiled Michal Neuvirth‘s shutout.
This post includes video footage of every goal in the first clip plus Net Cam highlights from Neuvirth and his goalie counterpart, Henrik Lundqvist.
All four goals from Game 5:
Net Cam highlights:
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)