Apr 23, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner.)
If you want a quick-and-dirty explanation of Game 5, here it is: the Capitals carried the Game 4 comeback momentum into this contest while the Rangers seemed detached because of their loss.
That momentum can’t explain it all away, though, as Washington was ultimately too much for New York to handle. Mike Green, Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin scored for the Capitals while Wojtek Woslki spoiled Michal Neuvirth‘s shutout.
This post includes video footage of every goal in the first clip plus Net Cam highlights from Neuvirth and his goalie counterpart, Henrik Lundqvist.
All four goals from Game 5:
Net Cam highlights:
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (89)