Apr 23, 2011, 7:52 PM EDT
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner.)
If you want a quick-and-dirty explanation of Game 5, here it is: the Capitals carried the Game 4 comeback momentum into this contest while the Rangers seemed detached because of their loss.
That momentum can’t explain it all away, though, as Washington was ultimately too much for New York to handle. Mike Green, Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin scored for the Capitals while Wojtek Woslki spoiled Michal Neuvirth‘s shutout.
This post includes video footage of every goal in the first clip plus Net Cam highlights from Neuvirth and his goalie counterpart, Henrik Lundqvist.
All four goals from Game 5:
Net Cam highlights:
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40