Apr 23, 2011, 12:58 AM EST
You’re going to see this goal in highlight reels for the next 10 years.
During the third period with the Anaheim Ducks and Nashville Predators locked up a 1-1, Bobby Ryan broke that tie in the meantime with a goal that defies description.
After picking the puck off at the point from Nashville forward David Legwand, Ryan streaked towards the Nashville end and poked the puck around and past Legwand twice more before deking and firing the puck past Rinne on the backhand to give the Ducks a 2-1 lead.
While the game is headed to overtime tied at 3-3, Ryan’s goal remains the most spectacular goal we’ve seen in the playoffs and perhaps all season long.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 0
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 87
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 98
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 7
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (98)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (98)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (89)