Apr 23, 2011, 12:58 AM EDT
You’re going to see this goal in highlight reels for the next 10 years.
During the third period with the Anaheim Ducks and Nashville Predators locked up a 1-1, Bobby Ryan broke that tie in the meantime with a goal that defies description.
After picking the puck off at the point from Nashville forward David Legwand, Ryan streaked towards the Nashville end and poked the puck around and past Legwand twice more before deking and firing the puck past Rinne on the backhand to give the Ducks a 2-1 lead.
While the game is headed to overtime tied at 3-3, Ryan’s goal remains the most spectacular goal we’ve seen in the playoffs and perhaps all season long.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5