Apr 23, 2011, 12:58 AM EDT
You’re going to see this goal in highlight reels for the next 10 years.
During the third period with the Anaheim Ducks and Nashville Predators locked up a 1-1, Bobby Ryan broke that tie in the meantime with a goal that defies description.
After picking the puck off at the point from Nashville forward David Legwand, Ryan streaked towards the Nashville end and poked the puck around and past Legwand twice more before deking and firing the puck past Rinne on the backhand to give the Ducks a 2-1 lead.
While the game is headed to overtime tied at 3-3, Ryan’s goal remains the most spectacular goal we’ve seen in the playoffs and perhaps all season long.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 2
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)