Apr 23, 2011, 12:58 AM EDT
You’re going to see this goal in highlight reels for the next 10 years.
During the third period with the Anaheim Ducks and Nashville Predators locked up a 1-1, Bobby Ryan broke that tie in the meantime with a goal that defies description.
After picking the puck off at the point from Nashville forward David Legwand, Ryan streaked towards the Nashville end and poked the puck around and past Legwand twice more before deking and firing the puck past Rinne on the backhand to give the Ducks a 2-1 lead.
While the game is headed to overtime tied at 3-3, Ryan’s goal remains the most spectacular goal we’ve seen in the playoffs and perhaps all season long.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8