Apr 23, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner.)
It only made sense that Alex Ovechkin‘s fantastic 2-0 goal ended up being the Game 5 winner (and series clincher). After all, Ovechkin was fantastic all series long against the Rangers, throwing his body around whether he was scoring goals or delivering thunderous hits.
Ovechkin ended up with three goals and three assists for six points in this five game series, but it was his determination that really stood out. Ovi discussed the series win – particularly how much of an impact the Capitals’ Game 4 comeback really had – in this post-game interview with Pierre McGuire.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7