Apr 23, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner.)
It only made sense that Alex Ovechkin‘s fantastic 2-0 goal ended up being the Game 5 winner (and series clincher). After all, Ovechkin was fantastic all series long against the Rangers, throwing his body around whether he was scoring goals or delivering thunderous hits.
Ovechkin ended up with three goals and three assists for six points in this five game series, but it was his determination that really stood out. Ovi discussed the series win – particularly how much of an impact the Capitals’ Game 4 comeback really had – in this post-game interview with Pierre McGuire.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 9
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25