Apr 23, 2011, 7:21 PM EST
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner.)
It only made sense that Alex Ovechkin‘s fantastic 2-0 goal ended up being the Game 5 winner (and series clincher). After all, Ovechkin was fantastic all series long against the Rangers, throwing his body around whether he was scoring goals or delivering thunderous hits.
Ovechkin ended up with three goals and three assists for six points in this five game series, but it was his determination that really stood out. Ovi discussed the series win – particularly how much of an impact the Capitals’ Game 4 comeback really had – in this post-game interview with Pierre McGuire.
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 0
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 3
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 24
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16