Apr 23, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
(For a full recap of the Washington Capitals’ 3-1 win over the New York Rangers – a win that makes Washington the first Eastern Conference team to make the second round – click here. Consult this video for footage of Mike Green‘s scary injury and check out this post for Alex Ovechkin‘s outstanding game-winner.)
It only made sense that Alex Ovechkin‘s fantastic 2-0 goal ended up being the Game 5 winner (and series clincher). After all, Ovechkin was fantastic all series long against the Rangers, throwing his body around whether he was scoring goals or delivering thunderous hits.
Ovechkin ended up with three goals and three assists for six points in this five game series, but it was his determination that really stood out. Ovi discussed the series win – particularly how much of an impact the Capitals’ Game 4 comeback really had – in this post-game interview with Pierre McGuire.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 3
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15