Apr 23, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
At 3 p.m. ET it’ll be Game 5 between the Washington Capitals and New York Rangers from Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. where the Rangers will look to stay alive in the playoffs. The Caps hold a 3-1 series lead and they’re hoping to buck the trend and win on home ice and wrap things up.
After a crushing double overtime loss in Game 4, the Rangers will have to do a few things to keep themselves alive in the series while the Capitals are looking to do things in a zen-like manner to avoid having a repeat of last year’s playoff failure in the first round.
You can catch all the action on NBC or here online with us at NHL Extra where we’ll be providing our own brand of analysis as well as answering your questions during the game. Do we see a dominant game out of Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin or does Marian Gaborik and Henrik Lundqvist keep hope alive in New York? We’ll see soon enough as we’ll begin chatting with you at 3 p.m. ET.
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 0
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 45
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (60)