Apr 23, 2011, 2:53 PM EST
At 3 p.m. ET it’ll be Game 5 between the Washington Capitals and New York Rangers from Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. where the Rangers will look to stay alive in the playoffs. The Caps hold a 3-1 series lead and they’re hoping to buck the trend and win on home ice and wrap things up.
After a crushing double overtime loss in Game 4, the Rangers will have to do a few things to keep themselves alive in the series while the Capitals are looking to do things in a zen-like manner to avoid having a repeat of last year’s playoff failure in the first round.
You can catch all the action on NBC or here online with us at NHL Extra where we’ll be providing our own brand of analysis as well as answering your questions during the game. Do we see a dominant game out of Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin or does Marian Gaborik and Henrik Lundqvist keep hope alive in New York? We’ll see soon enough as we’ll begin chatting with you at 3 p.m. ET.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 17
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29