Apr 23, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
At 3 p.m. ET it’ll be Game 5 between the Washington Capitals and New York Rangers from Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. where the Rangers will look to stay alive in the playoffs. The Caps hold a 3-1 series lead and they’re hoping to buck the trend and win on home ice and wrap things up.
After a crushing double overtime loss in Game 4, the Rangers will have to do a few things to keep themselves alive in the series while the Capitals are looking to do things in a zen-like manner to avoid having a repeat of last year’s playoff failure in the first round.
You can catch all the action on NBC or here online with us at NHL Extra where we’ll be providing our own brand of analysis as well as answering your questions during the game. Do we see a dominant game out of Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin or does Marian Gaborik and Henrik Lundqvist keep hope alive in New York? We’ll see soon enough as we’ll begin chatting with you at 3 p.m. ET.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)