Apr 23, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
At 3 p.m. ET it’ll be Game 5 between the Washington Capitals and New York Rangers from Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. where the Rangers will look to stay alive in the playoffs. The Caps hold a 3-1 series lead and they’re hoping to buck the trend and win on home ice and wrap things up.
After a crushing double overtime loss in Game 4, the Rangers will have to do a few things to keep themselves alive in the series while the Capitals are looking to do things in a zen-like manner to avoid having a repeat of last year’s playoff failure in the first round.
You can catch all the action on NBC or here online with us at NHL Extra where we’ll be providing our own brand of analysis as well as answering your questions during the game. Do we see a dominant game out of Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin or does Marian Gaborik and Henrik Lundqvist keep hope alive in New York? We’ll see soon enough as we’ll begin chatting with you at 3 p.m. ET.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)