Apr 23, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
At 3 p.m. ET it’ll be Game 5 between the Washington Capitals and New York Rangers from Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. where the Rangers will look to stay alive in the playoffs. The Caps hold a 3-1 series lead and they’re hoping to buck the trend and win on home ice and wrap things up.
After a crushing double overtime loss in Game 4, the Rangers will have to do a few things to keep themselves alive in the series while the Capitals are looking to do things in a zen-like manner to avoid having a repeat of last year’s playoff failure in the first round.
You can catch all the action on NBC or here online with us at NHL Extra where we’ll be providing our own brand of analysis as well as answering your questions during the game. Do we see a dominant game out of Alex Ovechkin and Alexander Semin or does Marian Gaborik and Henrik Lundqvist keep hope alive in New York? We’ll see soon enough as we’ll begin chatting with you at 3 p.m. ET.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)