Apr 22, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
Just like Joe discussed yesterday, all signs point to Chris Pronger making his return to the Philadelphia Flyers’ lineup for Game 5 tonight. That odds improved that much more this morning, as Tim Panaccio reports that Pronger was a full participant in team’s morning skate, even taking slap shots.
Yesterday’s word was that Pronger would be in a limited role, which is probably still the best bet for tonight and maybe the next handful of games.
Then again, if he can take a slapper, he might be more functional than expected. Philly’s power play hasn’t been a well-oiled machine in this playoff series, so his guided missiles would be welcome. More than anything else, it’s Pronger’s mere presence that could be a huge difference maker in a very evenly matched (and increasingly contentious) series.
The Flyers are likely to go without forward Jeff Carter, but getting Pronger back – even if he’s not quite 100 percent – could soften that blow substantially. It should be awfully interesting to see how this series shakes out.
Naturally, if Pronger has any last minute issues that end up short circuiting his return, we’ll let you know.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7