Apr 22, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
Just like Joe discussed yesterday, all signs point to Chris Pronger making his return to the Philadelphia Flyers’ lineup for Game 5 tonight. That odds improved that much more this morning, as Tim Panaccio reports that Pronger was a full participant in team’s morning skate, even taking slap shots.
Yesterday’s word was that Pronger would be in a limited role, which is probably still the best bet for tonight and maybe the next handful of games.
Then again, if he can take a slapper, he might be more functional than expected. Philly’s power play hasn’t been a well-oiled machine in this playoff series, so his guided missiles would be welcome. More than anything else, it’s Pronger’s mere presence that could be a huge difference maker in a very evenly matched (and increasingly contentious) series.
The Flyers are likely to go without forward Jeff Carter, but getting Pronger back – even if he’s not quite 100 percent – could soften that blow substantially. It should be awfully interesting to see how this series shakes out.
Naturally, if Pronger has any last minute issues that end up short circuiting his return, we’ll let you know.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32