Apr 22, 2011, 11:29 AM EDT
Just like Joe discussed yesterday, all signs point to Chris Pronger making his return to the Philadelphia Flyers’ lineup for Game 5 tonight. That odds improved that much more this morning, as Tim Panaccio reports that Pronger was a full participant in team’s morning skate, even taking slap shots.
Yesterday’s word was that Pronger would be in a limited role, which is probably still the best bet for tonight and maybe the next handful of games.
Then again, if he can take a slapper, he might be more functional than expected. Philly’s power play hasn’t been a well-oiled machine in this playoff series, so his guided missiles would be welcome. More than anything else, it’s Pronger’s mere presence that could be a huge difference maker in a very evenly matched (and increasingly contentious) series.
The Flyers are likely to go without forward Jeff Carter, but getting Pronger back – even if he’s not quite 100 percent – could soften that blow substantially. It should be awfully interesting to see how this series shakes out.
Naturally, if Pronger has any last minute issues that end up short circuiting his return, we’ll let you know.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25