Apr 22, 2011, 11:29 AM EST
Just like Joe discussed yesterday, all signs point to Chris Pronger making his return to the Philadelphia Flyers’ lineup for Game 5 tonight. That odds improved that much more this morning, as Tim Panaccio reports that Pronger was a full participant in team’s morning skate, even taking slap shots.
Yesterday’s word was that Pronger would be in a limited role, which is probably still the best bet for tonight and maybe the next handful of games.
Then again, if he can take a slapper, he might be more functional than expected. Philly’s power play hasn’t been a well-oiled machine in this playoff series, so his guided missiles would be welcome. More than anything else, it’s Pronger’s mere presence that could be a huge difference maker in a very evenly matched (and increasingly contentious) series.
The Flyers are likely to go without forward Jeff Carter, but getting Pronger back – even if he’s not quite 100 percent – could soften that blow substantially. It should be awfully interesting to see how this series shakes out.
Naturally, if Pronger has any last minute issues that end up short circuiting his return, we’ll let you know.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 20
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11